EVERYTHING that is wrong with football

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
everyones missing the point, his bird is FIT and would get it :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is what happens when you give a chav money. However at least he isnt shagging team mates wives or grimsby dinner ladies as far as we know.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
i swear he used to use miracle hair grow on his head, looked shit so he had it all off!

Why o why do footballers get paid so much? It pisses me off

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Like so many ordinary footballers he is paid disproportionate amounts of money for what he creates ( or doesn't )
We won't be talking about this bloke in 5 years...forgotten...consigned to the dustbin of mediocrity like so much of the overpaid dross in the Premiership.
You can't create class...he has none...just more money than most of us. working in a corrupt and ugly industry that attracts the worst spivs of society.
Stephen Ireland and his peers are very lucky, born at a time when their chosen profession is awash with money from wealthy benefactors and massive television deals. It won't last and eventually football will be dragged screaming and kicking into the real world. A real world where our government are finally trying to run the country like a business. With budgets and targets and cost-cutting. Too much of our society have been on an unstoppable gravy train, filling their boots, getting highly paid for moderate contribution and thinking it will last forever.
It won't.
Football isn't different...just lucky. True talent and ability should always be rewarded but too many are simply paid too much for too little.
FFS its a TEAM GAME...they have 10 colleagues to bail them out. They are not stand-alone sportsmen like boxers, golfers, tennis players, snooker players etc who rise and fall throughout their careers entirely on their own efforts.
These are the people who have my respect, who do it entirely off their own backs and take full responsibility for their efforts.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Like so many ordinary footballers he is paid disproportionate amounts of money for what he creates ( or doesn't )
We won't be talking about this bloke in 5 years...forgotten...consigned to the dustbin of mediocrity like so much of the overpaid dross in the Premiership.
You can't create class...he has none...just more money than most of us. working in a corrupt and ugly industry that attracts the worst spivs of society.
Stephen Ireland and his peers are very lucky, born at a time when their chosen profession is awash with money from wealthy benefactors and massive television deals. It won't last and eventually football will be dragged screaming and kicking into the real world. A real world where our government are finally trying to run the country like a business. With budgets and targets and cost-cutting. Too much of our society have been on an unstoppable gravy train, filling their boots, getting highly paid for moderate contribution and thinking it will last forever.
It won't.
Football isn't different...just lucky. True talent and ability should always be rewarded but too many are simply paid too much for too little.
FFS its a TEAM GAME...they have 10 colleagues to bail them out. They are not stand-alone sportsmen like boxers, golfers, tennis players, snooker players etc who rise and fall throughout their careers entirely on their own efforts.
These are the people who have my respect, who do it entirely off their own backs and take full responsibility for their efforts.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

One of the most incisive and well-expressed arguments I've ever read on NSC.

Totally agree.

Foootball has increasingly posed a dilemma for me. I love watching it (albeit on TV), and have supported BHA for 40 years, but I increasingly think that too many footballers, especially in the Premiership, are vastly over-paid thick-as-shit imbecliles with the moral code and social conscience of a pack of hyenas or shoal of piranhas.

The only thing more depressing than seeing a chav with no money is seeing a chav who's suddenly acquired too much money. Unfortunately, their intelligence, social skills and sense of right and wrong don't increase in line with their bank balance or the fleet of baby bentleys in their Cheshire garages.

Mind you, I also think it's sad that so many young women these days aspire to nothing more than to be a WAG or glamour model (and the two are often closely linked). There was a piece in The Observer a couple of weeks ago about young women - all with their regulation peroxide hair, fake tans, fake tits, 8 inch stilletoes, mini skirts up to their armits, and total lack of personality - who spend all their weekly wages going to specific Manchester night-clubs with the sole ambition of copping off with a footballer, even though they told the reporter that they knew these footballers would treat them like dirt! Where is their self-respect? :facepalm::shrug::facepalm:

I didn't know whether to laugh or weep.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Player 1: Stephen Ireland. Had a decent season once but wasn't good enough to hold down a place in City's midfield, then lucky to get on the bench. Initial problems with international teammates so "retires" in a fit of pique.

Player 2: Adam Johnson. Consistently good, has forced his way into the City starting XI and now an important part of Cappello's plans. Crushed by World Cup rejection? Anything but.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Player 1: Stephen Ireland. Had a decent season once but wasn't good enough to hold down a place in City's midfield, then lucky to get on the bench. Initial problems with international teammates so "retires" in a fit of pique.

Player 2: Adam Johnson. Consistently good, has forced his way into the City starting XI and now an important part of Cappello's plans. Crushed by World Cup rejection? Anything but.

Ireland works hard, but at best he is trier. He thinks he's a lot better than he is.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
You can't blame Ireland though, good luck to the lad. I think he's quite a decent player.....billions play football and he's up there at a pretty good club in the premiership. Can't be that bad! To say he is an average an mediocre player is a tad unfair.

Surely that the dream for most people too.....earn loads and blow loads on shite! Why not?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
he's a prick. such a chav who thinks him and his missus are the irish posh and becks. plus he lied to get out of playing for his country.

His girlfriend had just suffered a miscarriage, which is why he made up the "dead gran" stories so he could fly home early from International duty.

He's not overly intelligent clearly, as I'm sure the real reason he wanted to go home would have been perfectly valid had he said that in the first place. And yes, he's obviously got far more money than taste or sense. But as a player I've always rated him, works his socks off and a real box-to-box midfielder. He was the best player on the pitch by a MILE when we played City in the cup.

He's a bit of a tool, but harmless enough.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
You can't blame Ireland though, good luck to the lad. I think he's quite a decent player.....billions play football and he's up there at a pretty good club in the premiership. Can't be that bad! To say he is an average an mediocre player is a tad unfair.

Surely that the dream for most people too.....earn loads and blow loads on shite! Why not?!

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pink bedroom, and private bar aside, its actually a really great house, isn't it?

And yes, his missus is quite nice.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
His girlfriend had just suffered a miscarriage, which is why he made up the "dead gran" stories so he could fly home early from International duty.

Almost, except she made up the stories as she didn't want to tell someone at the FAI - he was taken aside and told his grandmother had indeed died. So the original poster couldn't have been more wrong.

His refusal to play international football does annoy me though. It may have started as a spat with teammates but its basically morphed into a feeling that he doesn't need/want to, which I think links nicely into the point of this thread. The best players for generations have always been proud to play for their country.

Which is why I have a lot of time for Beckham - he has everything yet is itching to be an unused sub for England, whilst Ireland thinks he's too big to play for his own country, despite the fact he really could be the difference between qualifying and not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here