Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Everyone in this country supports Liverpool"

Who would you support, if you HAD to pick one?

• Liverpool

Votes: 96 52.5%
  • Manchester City

Votes: 87 47.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...according to Pep, anyway.

If there was a gun held to your head and you had to choose to support one of Liverpool or Manchester City, which one would you support (or who do you hate least)?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If I really HAD to, it would be City.

That's purely based on how much I hate Liverpool and a lot of their supporters. I have no love for City.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Argh.

I'd probably just about take Liverpool so long as they didn't win the FA Cup and Champions League as well because the plastic Mickeys of the world would be absolutely UNBEARABLE for decades if they did the quadruple. Based purely on City winning nothing being quite funny and not having any love for sports washing. But then it would mean the Royalist scum winning the Champions League. And still seeing stands full of scouse whacks bouncing like bunnies on the last day of the season. Although I'll be in the West Lower bar getting drunk.

Pass the gun, FFS.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
wife Liverpool, so im a bit Liverpool.

well I'll be Liverpool Saturday - but wont wear a shirt thats been offered.

son will still hate Liverpool and doesnt understand that sometimes you have to be nice for your own family.

so part of me will cringe when he actively boos and part of me will well-up with pride.

Dec 29, 2011
Surprised anyone voted for City, everything that's wrong with modern football. Now, Newcastles Vs City would have been interesting.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Klopp would swing it for me...............to vote Man City, the teeth and fist pumping just too much thank you. Of course it'll be Real Madrid on the other day.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If I supported Liverpool I could go and watch games in pubs with 'The Brighton Kop'.

For that reason, Man City.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
At the pub after the game on Saturday, with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and a couple of others, the question was broached: "Who is the least objectionable mega-club in the world?" To a man we answered Liverpool. So them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
City hands down, the home of real football fans who come from Manchester, they have been used to lower league football, and their fans as a rule are humble.
I lived in Rusholme round the corner from Maine Road, during my student days, great times.
plus my first away day back in 84 a 2-0 defeat.
All the kids at my secondary school in Wigan were either Liverpool or United, hated both and still do....

I detest Liverpool, nothing but bad memories and snide folk.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liverpool - I'm not a sad scouse-hater. I've lived there and it's a lovely place (and the 'real Kop' was an exciting experience too - and rather scary!)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...according to Pep, anyway.

If there was a gun held to your head and you had to choose to support one of Liverpool or Manchester City, which one would you support (or who do you hate least)?

That isn't really what he said, is it? He said "everyone supports Liverpool in this title race", which is a bit different, to actually being a fan (of either).

I can see his point too - he'll be influenced by what he sees / reads / hears in the broadcast and print media, and they are unquestionably prone to knocking one out over Klopp and his team.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't want to support either but out of the two I want City to win the league. They are both great sides but City when they are on form they are an absolute delight to watch.

Plus that Liverpool banner they have saying "Imagine being us" really gets my goat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here