Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everybody Loves Raymond

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Whilst we are having fairly heated debates across the board on what makes us laugh I have realy taken to this show often watching a couple of episodes a night, quite possibly the funniest sit com ever to come out of the USA, anyone else watch this?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I have seen a few and I do quite like it. Buut it has never made me feel the need to look out for it, if you understand what I mean. Its a good show though, although the brothers voice, f*** me its anoying!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Very funny, indeed. Sad that his father (in the show) passed away quite recently. He was very amusing in his own right.
Peter Boyle I think, yes indeed I had only just learnt that! I wonder if the show could be copied ala the Office and which british actors would play who?

Ray - Neil Morrisy
Robert - ?
Marie Babs Windsor
Debs- Bird off cold feet
Dad David Jason

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have watched it - and of its genre, ie as a pretty safe, network, early-evening (over there, anyway) sitcom it is at least well written and well acted.

I daresay there are those who will say Ray Romano (a decent stand-up, as I said on the other thread) has sold out for the big TV bucks. But he's got a family, who can blame him given the chance. No more than Eddie Murphy did, and countless others before and since.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have watched it - and of its genre, ie as a pretty safe, network, early-evening (over there, anyway) sitcom it is at least well written and well acted.

I daresay there are those who will say Ray Romano (a decent stand-up, as I said on the other thread) has sold out for the big TV bucks. But he's got a family, who can blame him given the chance. No more than Eddie Murphy did, and countless others before and since.
Agreed. It's not cutting edge comedy and it will probably be long forgotten in ten years time but it's excellent for what it is. When you compare it to the current 'family entertainment' sit-coms in Britain (Green Green Grass, After You've Gone and that SHOCKING one with Caroline Quentin which I've mercifully managed to blank from my mind) it's a work of absolute genius.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
One of the better US coms - though that doesn't really say a lot. I realise there are a shed-load of channels to fill now, both in the US and here, but which ever commissioning editor thought "Two and a Half Men" or "King of queens" are at all funny must have the easiest job in the world.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
My brother insisted i watch as he swears by it, but all i could think was what a tired load of crap.

Family Guy is where its at.As good as anything thats come out of the States

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought it was a bit shit.

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
I must be quite sad as i have the boxset for each season, granted my girlfriend got me most of them. I've watched every single episode and there are only a couple that i think are not funny. My girlfriend however cannot stand it.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Whilst we are having fairly heated debates across the board on what makes us laugh I have realy taken to this show often watching a couple of episodes a night, quite possibly the funniest sit com ever to come out of the USA, anyone else watch this?

Watched a few but much prefer two and a half men.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I must be quite sad as i have the boxset for each season, granted my girlfriend got me most of them. I've watched every single episode and there are only a couple that i think are not funny. My girlfriend however cannot stand it.

Same as that tbh, apart from my girlfriend likes it as well.

Anyone like My Wife and Kids, thats a great American comedy as well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ITs a very decent comedy but Two and a Half Men is bar far the best comedy programme of all time. Every episode is piss your pants hilarious. The standard is extraordinarily consistantly high.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You need to watch it Paul. It is SUPERB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here