[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last season we cut teams open. This season far less often.

Two (borderline) world class centre midfielders. One of whom MacA quietly did everything well. Whilst Estupinan was rated on a TS show this week as the PL’s best LB. With the up and coming quality of Colwill.

The bitching in Aug/Sept that MacA wasn’t all that, has quietly disappeared.

That team/squad has been markedly downgraded.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Gilmour is DMF - McAllister was playing much higher when he was playing with us.
Not all the time he wasn’t.

Though to be fair, we mainly played with a midfield of Gross, Mac and Caicedo. I don’t see how Gross and whoever his partner of the day in midfield is can ever actually replace 3 players.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’m struggling to fathom how that is offside. I feel more indignant than mccalister’s disallowed goal and bringing the players back out after the FT whistle at old Trafford to take a penalty, combined.
The var line as I see it is on Ferguson, who is yards away from the ball/Dunk. And is that really the only angle they have to view it?
id love to hear the VAR office on this, and their reasoning..

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I don't think we've been as bad as some are suggesting. Its the final through balls that have been disappointing, always slightly overhit or the receiver not reading the play and failing to run (Adringa particularly guilty). We're otherwise keeping the ball and managing their counter pretty well, one aberation aside. I would still make a change or two, Adringa for Fati or Pedro in particular with the other on for Lallana who i feel has been unusually anonymous for us.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
All the possession and yet we still concede a sloppy goal. Think it calls for Pedro with his pace
I suppose Lamptey is now out for another month

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Poor from us.

2nd to react to their goal
Gilmour - passing sloppy today more than once
Adingra - doesn’t want to take anyone on
Veltman - offensively backwards as usual (by-product of Adingra observation maybe)

Hope we don’t lose our heads early in the second half but need a couple of changes

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The var line as I see it is on Ferguson, who is yards away from the ball/Dunk. And is that really the only angle they have to view it?
id love to hear the VAR office on this, and their reasoning..
That angle is a disgrace - don’t have it at shit old grounds if you can’t get a better angle!

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I can't help but notice that every time Doucoure plays against us he gets away with everything and comes away getting booked 2 minutes before the end of the game.

How they only have 1 player on a card is a joke, the offside is marginal but probably right (but incredibly frustrating) but the ref is beyond awful, for both sides.

I wasn't confident before the game and I'm less confident now, we need to play to our strengths, get the ball moving quickly and create the gaps that they will give us. I just can't see much free flowing football in the second half with this ref

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I don't think we've played as bad as some our saying. I'm more frustrated with how the whole of the next 45 minutes will be spent:
  • Them kicking the ball away and stepping in front of free kicks (and NEVER getting booked)
  • Pickford chatting to his centre backs, taking a drink, ignoring the ball at goal kicks
  • Ref giving every 40/60 to them because he us beyond weak
  • We do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the above. We should have someone constantly telling the ref (Lalanna would be my choice for this)
I think we've been better today in this respect (compared to last week) but we don't half love passing the ball back.

JP for Fergie and maybe Fati on will help but I honestly feel that even if we equalise they'll score a shit goal from a set piece and the everyone will go on about what a great job Dyche is doing.

The only positive of us not getting top 7 this season is that it will delay RDZ's departure and season 3 can really be the wild one after we've really moved on from losing Moises and Ali Mac.

Up the Albion.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I f***ing hate playing Dyche teams. Win, lose or draw they're always horrible, turgid, joyless slogs. Park the bus, two lines of four on the edge of the box, nice and compact and wait for a mistake so you can launch it forward. Brilliant.

I can't bear another 45 minutes of that when I've got work in the morning so I'm off to bed in the hope that when I get up I'll rise to an Albion victory.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We just seem to be so f***ing weak. We need someone to be a hard bastard in the middle, like Biss and Moises were. There are options out there for this but we’re more focused on bringing in elderly Liverpool players and looking for the next wonder kid. We’ve taken the eye off the ball for the bread and butter stuff.

At least put Baleba on.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Gilmour and Lallana are not adequate replacements for Mac Allister and Caicedo, they were a different class.
Lallana played alongside Ali and Moises when he was fit in our best midfield 3 last season, add Gross and that was pretty much the central midfield options. The biggest issue is that we never have the same 3 play two games in a row. The same as the defence. How on Earth are we supposed to get consistency when it’s wholesale change constantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports