Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton vs Boreham wood - ITV.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Ooh it’s a corner;10193406 said:
Unless you are a toffee EVERYONE should be supporting Boreham Wood - it’s what football should be about

I meant to reply to this earlier, saying that I was concerned by the sheer inevitabliity of Palace drawing them at home, should they beat Everton - why is why I was hoping for an Everton win. Sure enough....

It would be sooooo Brighton to finish above them for the first time in ages, only for them to win the FA Cup.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As always, the cup Gods are doing their best for the Nigels. Another plum home tie for caravaners against potentially the only non league tie left.

The Nigels really are the scabbiest club you will ever see.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
As always, the cup Gods are doing their best for the Nig31s. Another plum home tie for caravaners against potentially the only non league tie left.

The Nig31s really are the scabbiest club you will ever see.

At least it looks like the other semi finalists are likely to be Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Classic ITV coverage.

'Imagine' is played over the tannoy, both sets of players come together for a group photo, tears in the crowd, genuinely moving.

And they cut to a commercial break. :facepalm:

They can expect complaints.

Edit - they have. https://twitter.com/hashtag/itv

Here's hoping they do the decent thing and show it at halftime.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Such confusion! Boreham Wood or Borehamwood - I hope they didn't miss the signs for Everton going up the M6 - they could be in Scotland by now!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I actually think this is a massive banana skin for Everton and Lampard. As I know only too well, shutting-up shop and hitting you with a sucker punch is an art form for non-league sides like Boreham Wood. Granted, there is a huge gulf in ability but that was also the case when they beat Bournemouth on their own patch, who are a quasi Premier League side anyway.

Such confusion! Boreham Wood or Borehamwood - I hope they didn't miss the signs for Everton going up the M6 - they could be in Scotland by now!

Some bedtime reading should this issue trouble you:

https://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/...-history-how-boreham-wood-became-borehamwood/

And no, it doesn’t clear it up at all…

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A poor game to put on TV, will probably be all over within half an hour. I caught a bit of Southampton v West Ham on the BBC red button last night, that was a proper cup tie, no quarter given, both sides desperate to reach the QF's and no shortage of quality. I get it if the game was at Boreham Wood.

Half n hour gone 0/0

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Great to see the pub team hanging in there at 0-0 approaching half time but I just feel that Boreham Wood might be too strong for them.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A medical emergency in the crowd.

We've had a few of them recently, but thankfully it seems to be ok.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Borehamwood have conceded the fewest amount of goals in every professional division of Britain (% worked out).

Moaning scousers. What right have they frigging got? The Premier League might just be a bit shite in the bottom half, Clive. :wink:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another medical emergency :nono:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A poor game to put on TV, will probably be all over within half an hour.

Admittedly it's a bit different to one of your regular fishing posts, Crodo, but fair play to you here.

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here