Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton vs Boreham wood - ITV.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They’re doing well. Everton must be feeling a bit nervous.

HT 0-0

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That was absolute dross, one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen. Thank god for Tyldesley and McCoist.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another medical emergency in the crowd…. Nobody connecting the dots?

Yep. I’ve connected them, and it’s massively obvious that the only difference from any previous time, is the new thing of stopping the game, and getting the teams’ medical staff involved.

Incidents like tonight, where the person taken unwell is well enough to walk away two minutes later, would have been happening in EVERY 40,000 gathering of people since time / football began. You were just never aware of them.

Take the Amex as an example, where the doctor involved gave an interview about the club’s medical facilities on Saturday - and confirmed that there have been 8 cardiac arrests alone, during games since the stadium opened.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm almost tempted by PaddyPowers current 17/1 odds on Boreham Wood

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I'm almost tempted by PaddyPowers current 17/1 odds on Boreham Wood

This is playing out like your average big club vs little club conference game. Frustrate, frustrate, frustrate; sucker punch. Yeah, Everton are a lot bigger than your Chesterfield’s, Stockport’s and Grimsby’s, but Boreham Wood have played this game a million times before. Believe me.

A BW winner from a 35 yard pot shot or set piece wouldn’t surprise me one jot.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Has anyone mentioned 'Ronnie Radford thunderbolt' yet??

Edit

Meh.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Laughable seeing Everton players celebrate that goal really. Took them until second half to to score against a nonleague team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With the fixtures we have remaining Everton at home is likely to remain my most perplexing 90 minutes of the season.
(Including beating Liverpool and losing to Norwich!! )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Everton are dog shit.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
That was absolute dross, one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen. Thank god for Tyldesley and McCoist.

I’m sure you would agree, the minnows of Borehamwood have done the Vanarama National league proud tonight with their gutsy performance against Frank Lampards Everton.

The magic of the cup lives on - a classic David v Goliath

I

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
As always, the cup Gods are doing their best for the Nig31s. Another plum home tie for caravaners against potentially the only non league tie left.

The Nig31s really are the scabbiest club you will ever see.

You are aware that "Nig31s" is a contraction of the Millwall epithet "stripey Nigels", i.e. blazer-clad public schoolboys (from Whitgift, Trinity, Dulwich College, Alleyn's)? Not impossible for them all to be from the traveller community, but a tad unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here