[Albion] Everton U23s v Albion U23s, PL2, Goodison Park, tonight (7pm)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fantastic 2nd half from us. Things look very rosy from our youngsters. Every game I've seen this season we've looked pretty good.
Thanks again to AZ Gull for the heads up:thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don’t think that coat will fit around Unsworth after Christmas!! Sunday league !

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fantastic 2nd half from us. Things look very rosy from our youngsters. Every game I've seen this season we've looked pretty good.
Thanks again to AZ Gull for the heads up:thumbsup:

Some good players but nowhere near first team ready yet

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Evan Ferguson

Focal point
Big
Direct
Confident
Holds it up
Scores

Nahhh, not the sort of player we need

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I did tune in tonight partly hoping to see sarmiento but of course now he is in 1st team squad he was not playing . Did see a post from [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] on another thread highlighting this exact issue i.e. a young player deemed to be on the fringe of the 1st team getting no match practice .
Regarding tonight i thought if the lads had played in the whole match like they did in 2nd half they would have won easily . Not exactly sure why the difference between halves ? anybody ?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Don’t think that coat will fit around Unsworth after Christmas!! Sunday league !

He's already broken the zip :lolol:

I hope you're both pleased with yourselves making comments like this about another fellow human being. He can't help it if he suffers from Pie-retention! :p

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I hope you're both pleased with yourselves making comments like this about another fellow human being. He can't help it if he suffers from Pie-retention! :p

Actually I think it’s discriminatory against people of his physique not to let them play in the first team. He sets a good example.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
17 years old! kinel , wonderful goal at any level .

Anyone else think he's worth a bench-warming slot this weekend? He's got to be ahead of Locadia, shirley, and Welbeck's injured ............. not sure what GP thinks of Connolly these days. Could do worse .............................

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone else think he's worth a bench-warming slot this weekend? He's got to be ahead of Locadia, shirley, and Welbeck's injured ............. not sure what GP thinks of Connolly these days. Could do worse .............................

I agree.

Potter needs a complete rethink of our attacking options.

Ferguson has to be in the conversation.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What length contract is he on ? Hopefully a long one

He only turned 17 a month ago so wouldn’t have been able to sign a pro contract before that. I’m sure the club have it in hand. I believe the longest contact a 17 year old can sign under current rules is 3 years.

Zak Emerson signed a pro contract with us about 6 weeks after turning 17, but reports didn’t include how long the deal was for.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Actually I think it’s discriminatory against people of his physique not to let them play in the first team. He sets a good example.

David Tonsworth!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He only turned 17 a month ago so wouldn’t have been able to sign a pro contract before that. I’m sure the club have it in hand. I believe the longest contact a 17 year old can sign under current rules is 3 years.

Send him out to Belgium or derby!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I did tune in tonight partly hoping to see sarmiento but of course now he is in 1st team squad he was not playing . Did see a post from [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] on another thread highlighting this exact issue i.e. a young player deemed to be on the fringe of the 1st team getting no match practice .
Regarding tonight i thought if the lads had played in the whole match like they did in 2nd half they would have won easily . Not exactly sure why the difference between halves ? anybody ?

Sarmiento has played for Ecuador twice in the last fortnight so I’m not sure he’s short of match practice.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree.

Potter needs a complete rethink of our attacking options.

Ferguson has to be in the conversation.

Ferguson is 17 and is absolutely a talent but he’s played a fair few games in the u23s this season where he’s not had a lot of impact. As you’d expect. He’s still developing. Give him time. He doesn’t score goals like this every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports