Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton Manager Shortlist

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
According to SSN Everton have a shortlist of potential managers.
Roberto Martinez
Vito Pereira
Michael laudrup
Malky Mackay
Roberto DiMatteo

Is Poyet's stock not as high as he thought?

Poyet's stock is DEFINITELY NOT as high as HE thinks it is.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would imagine until the investigation is concluded, all clubs will be advised to steer clear of Gus.

He will have no trouble finding work when it is though.

True. But where he will end up, and whether in the Prem or Champ or even lower is anyone's guess at this stage.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I reckon he's got a job promised Newcastle ? Dennis Wise connections? House for sale? Malaga? who knows personally glad he's gone.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I reckon he's got a job promised Newcastle ? Dennis Wise connections? House for sale? Malaga? who knows personally glad he's gone.

I can't see Newcastle affording to get rid of Pardew, he recently got an 8 year contract # CRAZY.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
If you were a chairman considering appointing Gus, you'd call tony, wouldn't you. What would he say? We don't know, but its a small world. In the real world, people get found out. I'd love to hear the call

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting - is Everton's so called 'shortlist' of external candidates more of a 'wish list' than actual applicants? Maybe martinez might be interested.

I'm sure they would love Michael Laudrup but does he really see Everton as the next step in his career? Ok Everton have a proud history and good potential but don't have a huge budget to play with. Even at Swansea he has European footie to look forward to and a nice squad and style of footie to continue developing before I suspect he moves on to one of the blue chip Prem / European clubs?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't see Newcastle affording to get rid of Pardew, he recently got an 8 year contract # CRAZY.

How did all you people learn about the 8 year contract and not know it had a severance clause? It was just as well discussed amongst the talking heads.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to SSN Everton have a shortlist of potential managers.
Roberto Martinez
Vito Pereira
Michael laudrup
Malky Mackay
Roberto DiMatteo

Maybe Gus checked his diary and couldn't make the interview :shrug: :lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Not as high as the media thought, we thought, he thought, and probably his agent thought. Whenever I've scrolled through message boards of the clubs changing managers, no-one is really clammering for Gus, and all appear to be looking elsewhere.

I guess, when it comes to ex-player with credentials, and some decent managerial experience, and a touch of foreign flair, then Zola has over-taken him this year, and very few are linking him with moves.

Perhaps we have all just over-sold the demand for Gus elsewhere. The media talk him up a lot, but why wouldn't they, he's a dream ticket for them, as he's ALWAYS ready to talk endlessly until he says something they want to print. At the moment, he's looking like 'Arry Redknapp, in that he's talked about far more in the media than he is in boardrooms.

I can see him replacing Martinez at Wigan.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Not as high as the media thought, we thought, he thought, and probably his agent thought. Whenever I've scrolled through message boards of the clubs changing managers, no-one is really clammering for Gus, and all appear to be looking elsewhere.

I guess, when it comes to ex-player with credentials, and some decent managerial experience, and a touch of foreign flair, then Zola has over-taken him this year, and very few are linking him with moves.

Perhaps we have all just over-sold the demand for Gus elsewhere. The media talk him up a lot, but why wouldn't they, he's a dream ticket for them, as he's ALWAYS ready to talk endlessly until he says something they want to print. At the moment, he's looking like 'Arry Redknapp, in that he's talked about far more in the media than he is in boardrooms.

I can see him replacing Martinez at Wigan.

No Wigan would want to at least win 1 game from behind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here