Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton fc

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Well done Everton. 2 on the bounce for Saudi FC. Hope it continues.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The quality of football wasn't great but that was great entertainment over all. Richarlison seems to have a worse relationship with gravity than Zaha does.

Richarlison is hilarious and fantastically annoying at the same time. Throwing himself to the ground 10 yards after the guy gently tugged his shirt and then clutching his face and checking his mouth for blood after Burn shoulders him in the back.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Allan screaming "**** off" at Mike Dean, who had absolutely nothing to do with it, was brilliant, particularly as MD just blanked him.
I know Dean gets a lot of stick but that's something I do really like about him. It was such a Dean (non) reaction and is just funny to watch

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£183m annual payroll costs on £193m of turnover :lolol:.

No wonder they’re a magnet to shite mercanaries.

Not caused by the pandemic btw, they were losing well over £100m a year beforehand.

39F2BAC5-7C3E-42CA-AA37-FE32B68E0593.png

https://theesk.org/2022/03/29/everton-report-accounts-for-year-ending-june-2021-wholly-dependent-on-moshiris-financial-support/

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
£183m annual payroll costs on £193m of turnover :lolol:.

No wonder they’re a magnet to shite mercanaries.

Not caused by the pandemic btw, they were losing well over £100m a year beforehand.

https://theesk.org/2022/03/29/everton-report-accounts-for-year-ending-june-2021-wholly-dependent-on-moshiris-financial-support/

Following that link was fascinating! Everton really are a financial basket case. They say they are OK from an FFP perspective, as they've lumped a whole load of stuff into the "Covid" pot (which theoretically gets ignored for FFP purposes). But Everton's definition of Covid-related costs is tenuous, to say the least. They've managed to write down player values and make provisions for certain player contracts, and ascribed these costs (in excess of £50m) to Covid. Unfortunately the Premier League seems not to care about FFP, so Everton will probably get away with it. But if - say - Burnley go down and Everton stay up, I can see an interesting legal dispute arising....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Following that link was fascinating! Everton really are a financial basket case. They say they are OK from an FFP perspective, as they've lumped a whole load of stuff into the "Covid" pot (which theoretically gets ignored for FFP purposes). But Everton's definition of Covid-related costs is tenuous, to say the least. They've managed to write down player values and make provisions for certain player contracts, and ascribed these costs (in excess of £50m) to Covid. Unfortunately the Premier League seems not to care about FFP, so Everton will probably get away with it. But if - say - Burnley go down and Everton stay up, I can see an interesting legal dispute arising....

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] would know the full lowdown.

My layman’s take is that the EPL’s mandated financial rules (every club signs up) are called Financial Fair Play.

Everton and Villa were both making colossal losses prior to the pandemic.

I’m guessing they would’ve fallen foul, but the EPL I think effectively shelved the whole thing once the pandemic hit. Villa used that to go on a huge spending spree, I’ve seen the figure of £320m in transfer fees alone mentioned.

Isn’t it lovely though when Karma strikes. Everton are shite and Villa are nothing special.

With regards to UEFA and FFP, shirley Everton wouldn’t be allowed entry into the EL should they make it one season with these losses and owner (really Putin’s mate Usmanov’s) subsidies?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] would know the full lowdown.

My layman’s take is that the EPL’s mandated financial rules (every club signs up) are called Financial Fair Play.

Everton and Villa were both making colossal losses prior to the pandemic.

I’m guessing they would’ve fallen foul, but the EPL I think effectively shelved the whole thing once the pandemic hit. Villa used that to go on a huge spending spree, I’ve seen the figure of £320m in transfer fees alone mentioned.

Isn’t it lovely though when Karma strikes. Everton are shite and Villa are nothing special.

With regards to UEFA and FFP, shirley Everton wouldn’t be allowed entry into the EL should they make it one season with these losses and owner (really Putin’s mate Usmanov’s) subsidies?

Everton are claiming total Covid costs of about £160-170m, saying that the pandemic had a significant impact on their ability to sell players for large sums as the market was deflated. If they honestly think that getting £50-60m for the likes of Tosun and Sigurdsson in a non-Covid transfer market was feasible is their opinion, but perhaps there are other reasons why those players have not sold for large sums?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everton are claiming total Covid costs of about £160-170m, saying that the pandemic had a significant impact on their ability to sell players for large sums as the market was deflated. If they honestly think that getting £50-60m for the likes of Tosun and Sigurdsson in a non-Covid transfer market was feasible is their opinion, but perhaps there are other reasons why those players have not sold for large sums?

Thanks.

Their track record of getting value for highly overpaid lemons was almost non existent.

I loath the creative thinking (dishonesty) of Chansiri, Mel Morris and now Usmanov trading as Moshiri.

These are not victimless strategies. Rival clubs playing by the rules lose games and sometimes a division.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Especially Sigurdsson………

Will they be challenged do you think?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Thanks.

Their track record of getting value for highly overpaid lemons was almost non existent.

I loath the creative thinking (dishonesty) of Chansiri, Mel Morris and now Usmanov trading as Moshiri.

These are not victimless strategies. Rival clubs playing by the rules lose games and sometimes a division.

Every club will play the system to their advantage, however, Everton have shown (fingers crossed) that you can play the system and still fail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here