Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton agree £30m for Yannick Bolasie

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Is your French goalie leaving too? Rumours that he is looking to leave with the Hammers poised to buy him? A bit strange if true!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Is your French goalie leaving too? Rumours that he is looking to leave with the Hammers poised to buy him? A bit strange if true!

Looking to leave before making his debut? Blimey :lolol:

I think you may be confusing him with someone else as there's been nothing like that suggested.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As far as I'm aware, Townsend has not been sold. To describe Benteke as "a big lump" is hilariously bitter.

What exactly do you expect, coming on here?

You might as well shout at the wind. (And/or p|ss off back to your own board)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Hope not, Mandanda is one of those Gomes-esque 'keepers that's capable of being world-class but just as capable of being a complete clown. I give it three games before we see something like this on MotD:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Makes me really want the PL bubble to burst and these clubs really find themselves deep in the mire.
I really hope any new immigration rules that come in the future, really stops players without the international qualification from coming here. That could have a huge effect on the attraction of the PL and Sky could have to scale things down.

Reads very bitter, I dont see how the clubs would suffer, if the bubble bursts they will know in advance - I would not be surprised if player contracts hold some form of TV money clause.

Would the immigration laws not affect Brighton as much as many PL clubs?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Reads very bitter, I dont see how the clubs would suffer, if the bubble bursts they will know in advance - I would not be surprised if player contracts hold some form of TV money clause.

Would the immigration laws not affect Brighton as much as many PL clubs?
Probably more. Not that I imagine the rules are likely to change anytime in the next 10 years.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Looks like Everton have spent the Stones money on the wrong direction! 'Lasie is worth around £15m at best, although he's been very good for them. Good job Palace for mugging them off

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd even go as far as saying Yannick is the best winger in the prem league - no way would 2010 sell for under £90mil they'd be mad. I saw something the other day about Sunderland going £30mil for Benteke!!! Well if that ludicrous figure is true for a poor mans' Glenn Murray, I'd make Yannick £120mil in comparison. No way they'll sell their best player. No way.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I'd even go as far as saying Yannick is the best winger in the prem league - no way would 2010 sell for under £90mil they'd be mad. I saw something the other day about Sunderland going £30mil for Benteke!!! Well if that ludicrous figure is true for a poor mans' Glenn Murray, I'd make Yannick £120mil in comparison. No way they'll sell their best player. No way.

Are you drunk?

Bolasie isn't close to being our best player. He's incredibly entertaining to watch but he isn't on the same level of class as Dann, Benteke or Cabaye.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You do realise that the new tv deal that's delivered seriously stupid amounts of money to the clubs in the top division has NOTHING to do with UK Sky Sports customers don't you?

Edit. This makes zero sense as my phone managed to not "quote" the original post. As you were...

Last edited:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

Benteke would immediately become of the best strikers to ever play for either of our clubs. You simply can't argue with the number of goals he scores, many of them created by himself while playing for an atrocious Villa side.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
image.jpeg

I'll just leave this here for the hypocrites to mull over.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Benteke would immediately become of the best strikers to ever play for either of our clubs. You simply can't argue with the number of goals he scores, many of them created by himself while playing for an atrocious Villa side.

How long you been a Palace fan, or are you a JLC. because he hardly matches Ian Wright, Mark Bright and AJ in recent years for Palace.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
All you people complaining about the money being splashed around - I trust you've cancelled your Sky subscriptions. If not, you're part of the problem I'm afraid.

all sky, bt and many more channels for free. its the way to go.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Those of us with fairly long memories will remember Malcolm Allison spending north of £0.75m on a pretty ordinary player called Steve Daley. I believe he moved from Wolves to Man City. The football world was shocked then and never really recovered from this ridiculous bar-raising. All of a sudden and quite unnecessarily, Allison had ripped up the transfer benchmarks.
Fast forward 35 years+ and a certain Raheem Sterling moved to Man City for £50m and once again, football seems to have lost all sense of true values. This one single, inane piece of business has blown the market to pieces and guaranteed that clubs now want £30m for fairly ordinary players.
Clubs, awash with tv revenue, are desperate to outbid each other. Even in the Championship, players are now moving for £10m+ a figure considered ridiculous only a few years ago. As the UK business world exercises caution and common sense post brexit, football continues to divorce and alienate itself from its most important element, its fan base, as it careers ever onward on a greed fuelled path to self-destruction.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You do realise that the new tv deal that's delivered seriously stupid amounts of money to the clubs in the top division has NOTHING to do with UK Sky Sports customers don't you?

Edit. This makes zero sense as my phone managed to not "quote" the original post. As you were...
Are you saying it's down to overseas subscriptions?

Whatever it is, I'd love to see a campaign to cancel subscriptions in an attempt to reverse or at least slow down the crazy amount of money going into the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here