Ever wondered what Twitter looked like in the 1950s?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thank **** for that. But how do you know if you don't have any criteria?

You don't have any criteria if you ever have to ask your missis permission to do something, or use the phrase 'get a pass out', when deciding whether or not you can go to the footy or for a drink with your mates.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You don't have any criteria if you ever have to ask your missis permission to do something, or use the phrase 'get a pass out', when deciding whether or not you can go to the footy or for a drink with your mates.
No, no,no,no, blokes can still ''get a pass'' from the mrs , that wouldnt preclude someone from being a bloke in my book.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
see my edited post above .

Still doesn't make any sense. You have made decisions on this thread about who is a bloke and who isn't . You have based these decisions on people's online persona based on what you know of them. This means that somewhere somehow you have some bloke criteria that I and other have not met. I am assuming that you present yourself as a bloke, this suggests that having self awareness and metacognition are not in the criteria.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, no,no,no, blokes can still ''get a pass'' from the mrs , that wouldnt preclude someone from being a bloke in my book.

So that isn't in your criteria (which you don't have)..... I do wish you'd make up your mind.

Surely it is just easier for you to describe what you think makes a bloke a bloke?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Still doesn't make any sense. You have made decisions on this thread about who is a bloke and who isn't . You have based these decisions on people's online persona based on what you know of them. This means that somewhere somehow you have some bloke criteria that I and other have not met. I am assuming that you present yourself as a bloke, this suggests that having self awareness and metacognition are not in the criteria.
Of course it doesnt youre not a bloke , on this thread giving a fvck whether a tweet about womens football is patronising or not is the dividing line, in fact, giving a fvck about womens football full stop, you've tried in previous posts to imply an active dislike and a refusal to watch ''birds football'', this isnt the case , its just i have no interest.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is there such thing as a true "bloke"? I know quite a few men who would be seen as the archetypal bloke but have some pass times some may regard as not very blokey.

Look at Geoff Capes, could you get more blokey than him? Yet his major hobby is keeping small birds like Love Birds. Does that mean he is no longer a bloke?

A guy I know is a lorry mechanic, a fisherman, owns several motorcycles and goes Stock car racing. He is a tee-totaller out of choice. Is he no longer a bloke?

A woman I know is a boxer, a house painter and does motorbike stunts on film and in live shows yet has a vagina and a great rack on her.

It's all so terribly confusing isn't it.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Of course it doesnt youre not a bloke ,

Ahhhh the list of criteria only makes sense to blokes. Metrosexuals, Dandies and Ladies Football fans won't understand the criteria.

As much as I would love the chance to decipher the bloke code (I love learning a new language) if it is anything like trying to follow the point you are making here I think you may be right.

on this thread giving a fvck whether a tweet about womens football is patronising or not is the dividing line

On this thread the criteria for blokedom is if you find the tweet patronising??

in fact, giving a fvck about womens football full stop,

Infact caring about women's football at all make you a non bloke

you've tried in previous posts to imply an active dislike and a refusal to watch ''birds football'',

I have tried to imply that i have an active dislike and a refusal to watch women's football (not sure i have as i have watched a bit of this world cup and enjoyed it)

this isnt the case

No it isn't As I have quite enjoyed it

its just i have no interest.

But you have no interest so you are a bloke but as i have taken an interest I am not.

Got it, I think??

So one criteria of the list that doesn't exsist is that blokes do not pay any attention to womens football

another is the stuff about imagining that there is criteria when there isn't (even though clearly there is) - Not sure I understand blokeese well enough to decipher this one yet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is there such thing as a true "bloke"? I know quite a few men who would be seen as the archetypal bloke but have some pass times some may regard as not very blokey.

Look at Geoff Capes, could you get more blokey than him? Yet his major hobby is keeping small birds like Love Birds. Does that mean he is no longer a bloke?

A guy I know is a lorry mechanic, a fisherman, owns several motorcycles and goes Stock car racing. He is a tee-totaller out of choice. Is he no longer a bloke?

It's all so terribly confusing isn't it.

You are obviously not blokey enough to understand, that is why i am searching for clarity on this (well that and the fact that I am very bored).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You couldn't make it up. A thread started about women footballers, turns into a discussion/binfest about what makes a bloke, a bloke.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You couldn't make it up. A thread started about women footballers, turns into a discussion/binfest about what makes a bloke, a bloke.

It is surprising because, as blokes have no interest in women'd football why on earth would they be posting on a thread about it?

As Nibble said it is terribly confusing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It has got a bit silly, I agree.

Wasn't so much about the women's footy for me, as the uneccesary requirement to take offence on behalf of a team of women who probably gave about 1/100th of a shit about it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm a real bloke. Not only will I not look at women's football, I won't look at women full stop. I resist the urge to look at them by staring intently at blokes whenever I am in public. Pwoper geezer me.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ahhhh the list of criteria only makes sense to blokes. Metrosexuals, Dandies and Ladies Football fans won't understand the criteria.

As much as I would love the chance to decipher the bloke code (I love learning a new language) if it is anything like trying to follow the point you are making here I think you may be right.

On this thread the criteria for blokedom is if you find the tweet patronising??

Infact caring about women's football at all make you a non bloke

I have tried to imply that i have an active dislike and a refusal to watch women's football (not sure i have as i have watched a bit of this world cup and enjoyed it)

No it isn't As I have quite enjoyed it

But you have no interest so you are a bloke but as i have taken an interest I am not.

Got it, I think??

So one criteria of the list that doesn't exsist is that blokes do not pay any attention to womens football

another is the stuff about imagining that there is criteria when there isn't (even though clearly there is) - Not sure I understand blokeese well enough to decipher this one yet.
You come across as a congenital idiot , you cannot grasp a simple statement, of course YOU havent tried to imply a dislike of womens football, you tried to imply I have a dislike of it, whereas thats not the case, i'm merely indifferent, easy enough for you to follow this time around ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You come across as a congenital idiot , you cannot grasp a simple statement, of course YOU havent tried to imply a dislike of womens football, you tried to imply I have a dislike of it, whereas thats not the case, i'm merely indifferent, easy enough for you to follow this time around ?

Such an idiot that I responded to what you wrote rather than what you meant. I did say I was struggling to speak bloke

But yes when you write what you mean it is tremendously helpful in bridging the language barrier.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports