Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever wondered what Twitter looked like in the 1950s?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sexist in terms of a rabid and insane leftwing dichotomy that states women should be referred to in any positive terms other than mothers etc, or appearance. Developing this feverish leftwing fetish will no doubt hook in the ill informed but overly pious to preach regularly on the slightest trigger.

Its like beauty contests. Men like ogling women, women like to display. This is perverted into the assumption that that is all men see in women(its infact a sexist misandrious view of men), but when you are in the grip of an ideology all sense of scale, context and detail go out the window.

Another point about the text is who really cares enough about it?

You clearly care enough about the reaction to the text, so if the shoe fits...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
if you cant take it, dont dish it out, with your quotes about fake designer gear , you reveal yourself as a lower middle class snob :thumbsup:

My post had nothing to do with class or money it was about the "Blokes, lads and geezers" that you seem to hold in such high esteem (as long as they are white and earn enough money it would seem). It just so happens that in the process you also exposed yourself as a snobby class traitor who has made a bit of money and now tries to lord it over others who earn less than you. Like I say nothing worse, especially when you set your self up as the defender of the working class (White) man whilst sneering at people for earning less that you and being Lower middle class. A Loadsamoney for the modern era.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
At the risk or repeating myself. Sod it, I'm just going to repeat myself.

That tweet was very patronising. Patronising because it made the Women's England team sound like a bunch of amateurs. That in itself is enough for people to object to it and good. Just shows what a modern nation we come from.

As usual though we've got a load of people standing around pointing and laughing at all the people 'getting offended'. I'm not offended, it just is a patronising comment. If that means I don't pass the 'bloke' test (FFS) then thank **** for that!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

That tweet was very patronising. Patronising because it made the Women's England team sound like a bunch of amateurs. That in itself is enough for people to object to it and good. Just shows what a modern nation we come from.

As usual though we've got a load of people standing around pointing and laughing at all the people 'getting offended'. I'm not offended, it just is a patronising comment. If that means I don't pass the 'bloke' test (FFS) then thank **** for that!
Nobody could ever accuse you of that.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My post had nothing to do with class or money it was about the "Blokes, lads and geezers" that you seem to hold in such high esteem (as long as they are white and earn enough money it would seem). It just so happens that in the process you also exposed yourself as a snobby class traitor who has made a bit of money and now tries to lord it over others who earn less than you. Like I say nothing worse, especially when you set your self up as the defender of the working class (White) man whilst sneering at people for earning less that you and being Lower middle class. A Loadsamoney for the modern era.
It had EVERYTHING to do with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What Tweet?
Some of you are arguing about something that doesn't exist ???

I have looked at the @england Twitter account and I can find no such tweet.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

That tweet was very patronising. Patronising because it
made the Women's England team sound like a bunch of amateurs. That in itself is enough for people to object to it and good. Just shows what a modern nation we come from.

Don't lose sleep over it :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I love footy, drink beer and have bought the new blur album. Do I pass the bloke test?

Yes. If posting lots of condescending anonymous posts on an Internet forum counts as another indicator, then you're a mega bloke. All bow down.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I love footy, drink beer and have bought the new blur album. Do I pass the bloke test?
You call it ''footy'', drink craft beer and I've seen you post about going to the hairdressers(christ knows why with the scarcity of growth on your pate) so it's a no from me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I am definitely not a bloke, geezer or lad (being over 25 and it not being 1997) so I pass :)

Is the new Blur album worth buying?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am definitely not a bloke, geezer or lad (being over 25 and it not being 1997) so I pass :)

Is the new Blur album worth buying?

I've clearly failed the bloke test. Me and my man-bag won't lose too much sleep over it though. And yes, definitely worth a purchase. I'm not sure where I'd place it in their back catalogue but it's very listenable especially Pyongyang which is as good as Albarn has ever penned.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've clearly failed the bloke test. Me and my man-bag won't lose too much sleep over it though. And yes, definitely worth a purchase. I'm not sure where I'd place it in their back catalogue but it's very listenable especially Pyongyang which is as good as Albarn has ever penned.

I will give it a whirl over some craft beer just before I watch some women's footy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If the following was written about the mens team, would you give it a second look?

Our lions go back to being fathers, partners and sons today, but they've taken on another title- heroes.

This.

It would absolutely get said about men too, without a second thought.

& Women who are footballers are also mothers, partners and daughters. By my reconing there is nothing derogetory about calling someone a mother or a partner or a daughter, and there is no shame in being any of those things.

If you got offended by that tweet it says more about you than it does about the person who tweeted it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here