Ever had one of those weeks?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Re: Re: Ever had one of those weeks?

bhafc99 said:
So? So far this week, I've:

* been crowned King of Peru (a second cousin on my father's side was the previous monarch, but until a few days ago we didn't realise we were related).

* perfected an alchemy technique that turns old socks into pure platinum, and should therefore net me a few bob over the next few decades.

* shagged all of Girls Aloud, even the ginger one cos she was begging not to be left out and I figured why not.

* got ever closer to 1000 posts on NSC.

Beat THAT.

Loser.

I found 3,000 yen(15quid) in an envelope.

And then 500yen(2pound fifty) in my trouser pocket.

:)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
pishhead said:
if you can take a game in hamburg that could work out quite reasonable.

Stanstead-Cologne rtn is £240 inc taxes - not too bad given that it's nine days away.

There's a Cologne-Frankfurt fast train too. :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not sure but it might also be worth considering the Eurostar to Cologne, which involves changing at Brussels, as Wozza says you can get stupidly quick ICE trains to about anywhere from there. Also, it's really not that far to drive to Germany - £100-150 for the ferry/tunnel, about £50-60 petrol, 5-6 hours from Calais, E40 all the way. Worth it if there's 3-4 of you.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Cabby said:
Dogs BITE!!!

Wouldn't have been so bad but my dog, the bigger of the two was merely defending me. Any dog that starts a fight with him (or attacks his master) tends to regret it.

The owner of the other dog called the Police and complained about me ! Mine was on a lead his wasn't. Game, set, match but I can do without the hassle.

Just to make matters even more annoying, I changed banks nearly a month ago and my new (and shortly to be ex) bank Nat West have now made seven errors in that time. The latest is that despite telling them nine days ago I still have no cheque book. They can't get me a new one in less that four working days even though they admit they have screwed up. So much for their proud boast of having UK based contact centre, they're worse than the bank I left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports