Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Been Cold?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Huh.....some people obviously never went on the open end at Roker Park.

Now that really was cold !!!

I did

thinking back,the coldest I've been at a football match was probably Hull City at the Goldstone in the FA Cup

Gerry Ryan go the winner with an orange ball

I was sat in the South Stand,****ing freezing!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went to Tromso in the Arctic Circle in January last year. On the day we went whale watching it was minus 14, with the wind chill making it feel like minus 20. The air was so cold that there was steam coming of the sea. Never seen that before! Never seen my digital camera openly moaning about the cold before either and displaying a very strange set of warning messages! But so so many orcas and humpback whales that I stayed on deck for the full three hours we were parked up at a fiord and just about died of cold, despite wearing a full set of thermals, hat, scarf, Big Coat and Arctic survival overalls. Worth every minute though!

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I did

thinking back,the coldest I've been at a football match was probably Hull City at the Goldstone in the FA Cup

Gerry Ryan go the winner with an orange ball

I was sat in the South Stand,****ing freezing!

Hull itself can be quite cool, but the one that caught me out was Norwich.

Being closer to the equator, I was expecting it to be quite balmy but it had that same biting, freezing, east coast wind that goes straight through you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]m6bdRzZUB90[/yt]

Orange ball and just the MINUS 7 at Minnesota Utd v Atlanta Utd yesterday in the Twin Cities in the MLS. 1-6 beasting for the Loons. Not a chance this game would be on in this country.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Went to Tromso in the Arctic Circle in January last year. On the day we went whale watching it was minus 14, with the wind chill making it feel like minus 20. The air was so cold that there was steam coming of the sea. Never seen that before! Never seen my digital camera openly moaning about the cold before either and displaying a very strange set of warning messages! But so so many orcas and humpback whales that I stayed on deck for the full three hours we were parked up at a fiord and just about died of cold, despite wearing a full set of thermals, hat, scarf, Big Coat and Arctic survival overalls. Worth every minute though!

Strangely enough when me and Mrs Jakarta did our Antarctic Cruise it never went below minus 10! Mind you it was January (their summer) and I think it can get to minus 50 in the depths of their winter. We were lucky that that wasn't too much wind chill either. As you say as long as you are kitted up with lots of layers it isn't an issue.

An amazing place and we saw our share of wildlife including penguins, seals and minke, humpback and killer whales, don't suppose I'll ever get down there again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pittodrie can be evilly cold in Winter when the wind blows straight in off the North Sea. When I was a kid, my feet were once so cold there that I poured a cup of tea into my shoes at half time. It was brilliant! Toasty warm! For about ten minutes. Still quite surprised I didn't lose any toes to frostbite. :dunce:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Pittodrie can be evilly cold in Winter when the wind blows straight in off the North Sea. When I was a kid, my feet were once so cold there that I poured a cup of tea into my shoes at half time. It was brilliant! Toasty warm! For about ten minutes. Still quite surprised I didn't lose any toes to frostbite. :dunce:

wasn't exactly warm in July 2015 either!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Me & the missus went snowmobiling in the Algonquin Park in Ontario, Feb 2002. It was about -25, and people were calming taking their snowmobiles onto the lakes & taking short cuts across the ice....we decided against it.
Also went down to Niagara Falls while we were out there - was amazed to see so much of it frozen solid too. Never been anywhere so cold before or since.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Coldest I've ever been, down the South Atlantic off South Georgia, Snow storm as sea and ice forming on the ship quicker than you could chip it off with a chipping hammer. Had to be chipped off or the ship becomes top heavy and could turn turtle...10 mins max outside then in for a warm up and back out again. I had the 2am - 8am watch 3 night running just to chip ice off the ship...Happy dayz...lol.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Visiting Boundary Park, Oldham.

That place would make a polar bear feel at home especially when the wind gets up.

Funnily enough, it was one of the hottest games I've ever been to. It was the start of the 2003/04 season, away to Oldham, standing under a corrugated iron roof, with the sun beating down. We won 3-1.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Me & the missus went snowmobiling in the Algonquin Park in Ontario, Feb 2002. It was about -25, and people were calming taking their snowmobiles onto the lakes & taking short cuts across the ice....we decided against it.
Also went down to Niagara Falls while we were out there - was amazed to see so much of it frozen solid too. Never been anywhere so cold before or since.

I did a similar trip a few years ago, before I moved out here permanently. Dog sledding rather than snowmobiling in Algonquin Park, but it was equally as cold. I was wearing two pairs of thick socks and snow boots, yet my feet still felt like they were turning to ice.

Niagara is awesome when it's frozen. I love how it develops giant bubbles of ice.

Not so much of that this year, although it is currently -10C (feels like -18C) and snowing. It's the Arctic breeze which gets me whenever I walk north. Feels like my face is going to freeze.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Funnily enough, it was one of the hottest games I've ever been to. It was the start of the 2003/04 season, away to Oldham, standing under a corrugated iron roof, with the sun beating down. We won 3-1.

yeah, I remember that day, felt dehydrated walking back to the station after ... too much sun and cider

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here