Evans..................

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Couldn't have happened to a classier guy.

He's done well at Rotherham, and I doubt he'll be unemployed for long, but I'm glad that he's out of the way for now.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Bloke's a walking heart attack waiting to happen, sadly. Proper footballing man, and fair play for that, but somebody close to him needs to have a word to tell him to take a bit of a time out or at least to ease off on the pies.

He was told that millions of times, particularly before the play-off final. He did seem to calm down and he did a lot of good stuff around the club and in the community after the Bratfud incident, in fairness. The meeting this morning was scheduled weeks ago so it's a bit of a surprise. The club press release was cobbled together, makes the ones on our site read like Dostoevsky. Wonder if Raynor's been offered summat by Crawley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, Carsley's taken over at Brentford

It's true that we don't know whether he's walked out or not, but in my experience roughly 90% of managers don't leave of their own volition

How long is that for to the end of the season usually means until we have found somebody better or cheaper and a yes man.

The ideal man for Rotherham would be the little weasel Billy Davies

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did well there and kept them up against the odds last season and got them out of the bottom three this season. If it was for footballing reasons I think it might come back to bite them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not everyone's favourite I know (and that's putting it politely!) but I think he's very unlucky to lose his job like this - he's done a very good job for Rotherham. They wouldn't be in this division without him, I don't think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not everyone's favourite I know (and that's putting it politely!) but I think he's very unlucky to lose his job like this - he's done a very good job for Rotherham. They wouldn't be in this division without him, I don't think.

How can you declare that he's unlucky to lose his job, if we don't know WHAT he's lost it for?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
i think Brentford ,Shirley can't go to P'Borough after they have just appointed westley.....

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
i think Brentford ,Shirley can't go to P'Borough after they have just appointed westley.....

No, he can't go to Peterborough, but maybe he had a falling out with his chairman because he was denied the chance to talk to Peterborough about the vacancy, or maybe the chairman found he'd been talking to Peterborough behind his back. Who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports