Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evanilson

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I like him too but I'd offer Porto €40M and Maupay for Evanilson without hesitation

I'd never heard of Evanilson until a couple of hours ago but I'm tempted by that deal too.

Would Maupay fancy a jaunt in Portugal? He'd score for fun and get some Champions League football.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
According to available information, FC Porto has set the striker's price at 80 million euros and the situation is being managed by Jorge Mendes and should have developments in the coming days.

Not even a remote chance of it happening.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Having come so close to a marquee summer striker transfer (Nunez, Abraham, Owen etc) in previous seasons, we surely must get this deal signed, sealed and delivered?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
According to available information, FC Porto has set the striker's price at 80 million euros and the situation is being managed by Jorge Mendes and should have developments in the coming days.

Not even a remote chance of it happening.

Mendes! One word is enough to say "no thanks".

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Do Porto start each season with a completely new first eleven because they seem to get raped and pillaged by the rest of Europe every transfer window? A business model is a business model though I guess, as we’re always hearing on here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've just read the same. If true, we've got no chance unless we do sell Trossard and Cucurella and decide to go large on a forward. Not going to happen, is it?

Not just that, he would break the wage structure.

Filed in an already bulging close season transfer file entitled 'Utter Tosh'.

Perhaps Albion did make an enquiry. But that's a far as it went.

I could see us spending £40m on a striker, but it's not really the Albion way.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agent saying more likely to go to Brighton than Man U no bid from Manure as it stands.

If Manchester United aren't interested then he's more likely to go to Crawley Town.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When I hear about Chairmen of clubs saying players will only go for ridiculous amounts of money, I always remember Sam Baldock and the Bristol City Chairman. When it was evident we were interested in singing Sam, the Chairman announced he wasn’t for sale, but if he was it would take a fee of £10 million plus.

We got him for about 2 million (if that).

I’m so glad we have a Chairman that just doesn’t put a price on a player, in public, at least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do Porto start each season with a completely new first eleven because they seem to get raped and pillaged by the rest of Europe every transfer window? A business model is a business model though I guess, as we’re always hearing on here.

The advantages of playing in the Scotchland of the South.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Portugal press

Who are quoting the players agent, who is not very specific. Porto signed him from Fluminese in Brazil in 2020 for about £8m. If there is any truth in this then back then, before Porto signed him, may well be when we showed our interest, seems more in line with our business model.

If we did ask more recently, I think we can safely say that we are no longer interested at the price now being quoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here