Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was a time when Dunky was given a new contract every summer, obviously on improved terms. Don’t see why that wouldn’t apply to Fergy as well. In fact I would be very surprised if this wasn’t happening already but maybe we haven’t heard about it, which would be odd.
He was 18 just 5 months ago, so received his first adult contract lasting three years. Maybe he could be given a revised contract in the summer, but let the ink dry on the one he’s got first.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He was 18 just 5 months ago, so received his first adult contract lasting three years. Maybe he could be given a revised contract in the summer, but let the ink dry on the one he’s got first.
You’re right, of course, I am just getting twitchy. Someone said the other day, “We’re Brighton, we are not allowed nice things!” It struck such a chord I’ve been paranoid ever since!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You’re right, of course, I am just getting twitchy. Someone said the other day, “We’re Brighton, we are not allowed nice things!” It struck such a chord I’ve been paranoid ever since!
I looked up his birthdate because my grandson is also 18, and said he couldn’t believe a footballer younger than him is playing PL football & scoring such great goals. :lolol:
His birthday is June!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently Utd should buy Ferguson this Summer, then loan him back to us for 2 seasons by which time he'll be the readymade replacement for Kane.

If I weren't at work today we'd have a fred entitled:-

'Stupid things written on Twitter about Evan'.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently Utd should buy Ferguson this Summer, then loan him back to us for 2 seasons by which time he'll be the readymade replacement for Kane.

If I weren't at work today we'd have a fred entitled:-

'Stupid things written on Twitter about Evan'.

The sense of entitlement is strong in that one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually, if you think about it, for £80-£100M that wouldn't be a bad deal. If he keeps developing and improving we're unlikely to be able to hang on to him for much more than a couple of seasons anyway - and if his career takes a nosedive (unlikely, but always a remote possibillty) we trouser the £100M anyway.

Win win really.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't know the lad, but I'm not getting "I need to be at Real Madrid keeping Benzema out of the team by the time i'm 20, or i'll be getting my agent to write a ridiculous twitter plea for a transfer and be putting the assistant coach up against a wall" vibes off of him.

It could be just me being hopelessly naive about modern football, but I can imagine a situation where Evan is happy to be here for the next few years getting a decent run in the side, learning his trade earning a decent contract and getting a few goals, and just seeing what the future brings.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I don't know the lad, but I'm not getting "I need to be at Real Madrid keeping Benzema out of the team by the time i'm 20, or i'll be getting my agent to write a ridiculous twitter plea for a transfer and be putting the assistant coach up against a wall" vibes off of him.

It could be just me being hopelessly naive about modern football, but I can imagine a situation where Evan is happy to be here for the next few years getting a decent run in the side, learning his trade earning a decent contract and getting a few goals, and just seeing what the future brings.
Also depends how greedy his agent is and how grounded he is to not listen too much to his agent .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just remind yourselves of Connolly and all the talk after his two goals against Spurs

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Just remind yourselves of Connolly and all the talk after his two goals against Spurs
Evan is way beyond that already. Has positively impact almost every game he's played in. Scored and assisted in multiple matches and shown he can do it off the bench too with that cracking header at Leicester.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
According to his wiki page Evan has played 20 first team games and scored 7 goals for us. I imagine at least 5-6 of those games he’d have come on as a sub so he’s probably averaging roughly 1 goal per 180 minutes played I.e 1 in 2 games. Early days yet for sure, but Connolly’s numbers were nowhere near that in his first couple of seasons in the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here