Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I know our recruitment system is on a whole different level, but I'm fairly sure that the scouting of every other professional club in the world goes a little bit further than watching MOTD and the players that the pundits choose to focus on.

Apart from Chelsea.
My post was just the slightest bit tongue in cheek. 👍

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I’d read about Evan v Chelsea age 14, but never seen the footage til now.

Pretty incredible how involved he is (off the bench) and physically competes with Kurt Zouma at that age. Doesn’t look out of place at all and almost scores a class goal too!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, and will explain his absences from pre-season too. We've got seven games in 22 days after the international break so, even if he's fit enough to play then, doubt we'll see too much of him. Given Welbeck was out against Newcastle (RDZ did say that it was only a minor issue), we'll be seeing some new combinations up-front in those seven games. Can Fati and Pedro play together? Lallana will play more, and I suspect Buonanotte will start against Chelsea in the Cup at the very least.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hence why he hasn't been playing much I guess.
Midway through the second half on Saturday he looked at the bench and pointed to his knee.

Attachments

• Video (2).mov
    2 MB

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He’s got a patellar tendon injury apparently. If it gets bad, it sometimes needs surgery but hopefully it won’t come to that.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes lots of squad players playing against Chelsea I suspect . The Europa games will be given priority.
RDZ said he wanted to compete for 4 trophies and I believe him.

It won’t be like the days under Potter where he basically used to throw the game by fielding youth players. I don’t think we’ll field a single player from the u23 team.

I’m expecting to see players like Adingra, Dahoud, Lamptey, Milner, alongside normal starters like Welbeck, Gilmour, Dunk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The Ireland manager said Ferguson has been carrying the knee injury for a while which is a bit of a concern.
Still doesn't make sense loaning out Undav unless the player was unsettled here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He’s got a patellar tendon injury apparently. If it gets bad, it sometimes needs surgery but hopefully it won’t come to that.
Not a clue how similar it is, but I had pateller tendonitis when I first started running – didn't have proper running shoes and paid the price. It cleared up soon enough with a combination of the right shoes and a strap around the knee, but it was pretty painful at times.

Meanwhile (and I'm not sure if it's mentioned elsewhere) I know we all have high hopes for Evan, but so too does RDZ: "He is working to complete his quality, he can become big, big, big. He can become the top scorer in Europe.” :ohmy:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Still doesn't make sense loaning out Undav unless the player was unsettled here.
How many strikers do you keep around though?

Enciso and Ferguson both getting injured in the first 4 games is quite unlucky, and there's no confirmation of anything serious with Evan.

Welbeck and Joao Pedro can lead the line. We also know RDZ likes Lallana in that sort of position, so presumably that would apply to Ansu Fati as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here