Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I hear this a lot.

Is the only reason you're thinking this because they are both Irish? We have lots of young attacking players. All of them have their own personalities
Nothing to do with being Irish. If when I was 18, I’d just scored two goals in two PL games and received an unhealthy injection of cash I’d be off the rails faster than the speed of light.

Just saying I hope he’s got a better head on his shoulders than I would have and some sound people around him to keep him somewhat grounded.

I get the feeling Aaron didn’t.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The youngest player to score in consecutive Premier League appearances since Federico Macheda. Which says a lot about not getting too carried away with youngsters when they first burst on to the scene. Bound to be ups and downs ahead, but he looks like he's got a big future.
Exactly, think he looks really good. And I think the best thing that could happen for young Ferg's career is if Welbz is fit to start the next few games (y)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing to do with being Irish. If when I was 18, I’d just scored two goals in two PL games and received an unhealthy injection of cash I’d be off the rails faster than the speed of light.

Just saying I hope he’s got a better head on his shoulders than I would have and some sound people around him to keep him somewhat grounded.

I get the feeling Aaron didn’t.
He strikes me as more sensible and professional than Connolly.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I’m pretty sure the club have learnt quite a lot in the past couple of years with issues around Bissouma and Connolly outside of football.

With that in mind I’m certain the club will have a protective arm around young Evan Ferguson.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m pretty sure the club have learnt quite a lot in the past couple of years with issues around Bissouma and Connolly outside of football.

With that in mind I’m certain the club will have a protective arm around young Evan Ferguson.
Even with the Dunk / Cook / Rodgers incident a lot was put into young player education but like a lot of young lads they have their ‘moments’ but hope he has a good support network around him and the club look out for him

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I say this with slight trepidation but he just looks so at home. So comfortable. So strong.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Let’s not shit ourselves with him just because of Connolly. If he’s good enough and mentally sound behind the scenes - get him out there. I don’t remember Rooney needing mothercare as a 17 year old let alone 18…
Agree, Connolly’s issues can’t be attributed to age alone. Attitude seems to be the educated guess , no smoke without fire.

I’d keep Ferguson in for the Liverpool game and rest him against Boro!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Had wondered if Connolly going back out straight away was simply as they didn’t want him around our youngsters

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Not wanting to get carried away but...

... he kind of reminds me of a certain Man City striker :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had wondered if Connolly going back out straight away was simply as they didn’t want him around our youngsters
I imagine as he’s not needed and/or wanted.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The fact he was allowed to go to New York over new year suggests the club are ‘managing’ him well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here