Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I gave up somewhere around the 70th minute and switched over to watching Florin Andone playing for Las Palmas. Subbed at half-time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Surely this guy gets a half today. He doesn't seem to play at any level at the moment. Either play him or loan him in January.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Surely this guy gets a half today. He doesn't seem to play at any level at the moment. Either play him or loan him in January.
Perhaps. And there's strong rumours of interest for a second half season loan. But so far this season he's played in the Carabao Cup (1 start) , PL2 (6 starts), and the u21s and full internationals for Ireland.
He's scored 7 goals. Not bad given he's not playing "at any level".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps. And there's strong rumours of interest for a second half season loan. But so far this season he's played in the Carabao Cup (1 start) , PL2 (6 starts), and the u21s and full internationals for Ireland.
Not questioning your figures, but was surprised to see he has had as many as 6 starts in PL2. It seems a long time since he was involved with the U21s!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He also started all 3 EFL trophy games

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not questioning your figures, but was surprised to see he has had as many as 6 starts in PL2. It seems a long time since he was involved with the U21s!
He played 61 minutes in the defeat against Blackburn last month. He also started in every game in the EFL Trophy. He's been playing, alongside being on the bench for the PL and training with the first team. Sounds like he's being managed carefully and sensibly and i suspect he's being considered for a loan in January but club are right to be cautious. He's only just turned 18. But idea that he's not getting any competitive football. Not true.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Couldn't we play both him and Undav against lower league opposition? If not working out with a 2 striker system, easy enough to sub one of them off and revert to more standard Brighton tactics. But these are not a single rigid system for whole halves anyway.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Couldn't we play both him and Undav against lower league opposition? If not working out with a 2 striker system, easy enough to sub one of them off and revert to more standard Brighton tactics. But these are not a single rigid system for whole halves anyway.
Given this will be an 'easing back in' for several first teamers, I'd expect us to play a familiar formation in prep for Boxing Day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He played 61 minutes in the defeat against Blackburn last month. He also started in every game in the EFL Trophy. He's been playing, alongside being on the bench for the PL and training with the first team. Sounds like he's being managed carefully and sensibly and i suspect he's being considered for a loan in January but club are right to be cautious. He's only just turned 18. But idea that he's not getting any competitive football. Not true.
I quite agree! I was just surprised that he'd played as many as 6 games in PL2 this season, that's all!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Given this will be an 'easing back in' for several first teamers, I'd expect us to play a familiar formation in prep for Boxing Day.
….or possibly something a bit different RdeZ has been working on with the squad for a month (given he’s indicated it’s only Moises who’s likely to start out of the returning players)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think people don't realise how much of a gamble loan moves are for very young players.

I had a friend in the year above at school who was a striker at Spurs' academy, he played in the same youth team as Harry Kane and as they were both highly-rated, were given similar loan pathways to move towards the first team. Kane went to Orient and had a great time, my mate went to Dagenham and Redbridge and found life really difficult (he actually played against us in the rescheduled game at Dagenham). He made four substitute appearances and struggled to get to grips with playing in a team scrapping for their lives at the bottom of the table. It was clearly a move that hindered his progression, rather than give him a platform to grow. Their careers went on very different paths from that point.

I think you're right, the club are managing Ferguson really well. My point is that a loan move for the sake of "experience" is often a gamble that can do long term damage to a career if it is not the right move. He's only just 18 as well - plenty more managed progression to go!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I had a friend in the year above at school who was a striker at Spurs' academy, he played in the same youth team as Harry Kane and as they were both highly-rated, were given similar loan pathways to move towards the first team. Kane went to Orient and had a great time, my mate went to Dagenham and Redbridge and found life really difficult (he actually played against us in the rescheduled game at Dagenham). He made four substitute appearances and struggled to get to grips with playing in a team scrapping for their lives at the bottom of the table. It was clearly a move that hindered his progression, rather than give him a platform to grow. Their careers went on very different paths from that point.
Hurrah for the internet:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here