[Music] Eurovision Song Contest 2024 ***Official Thread & Sweepstake**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Whilst voting is as crooked as a nine quid note anyway, I do wonder if it could be a near null point job for Israel tonight? With the only nation giving them points possibly the UK?
They had a massive viewer vote the other day. Now that it goes to mostly official & visible votes I don't expect many to have the courage to vote their way

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They had a massive viewer vote the other day. Now that it goes to mostly official & visible votes I don't expect many to have the courage to vote their way
Israel are 1 to 2 favourite to get the highest public votes

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Everyone seems to be shitting the bed this year. The French act stopped half way through the dress rehearsal to give a rambling “pro-peace” lecture, the Irish act didn’t perform due to another “issue”, the Dutch act threatened a camera operator and has been suspended. Then there’s the shit show with Israel.

Got a feeling something might happen tonight - I’m just not sure what. Maybe a stage invasion or something.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Everyone seems to be shitting the bed this year. The French act stopped half way through the dress rehearsal to give a rambling “pro-peace” lecture, the Irish act didn’t perform due to another “issue”, the Dutch act threatened a camera operator and has been suspended. Then there’s the shit show with Israel.

Got a feeling something might happen tonight - I’m just not sure what. Maybe a stage invasion or something.
Graham Norton & Rylan to have a punch-up?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Seemly it wasn’t. It’s reported in Swedish media that there was a row between him and the production staff and one lady in particular. Police were called seemly

but the conspiracy theorists will still link it. SM is covered in it now
Well I suppose the "row" could still have been Israel-related. Not sure if that makes me a conspiracy theorist for mentioning the possibility.

As for the voting, I’m thinking that the public vote for Israel could be high, and not because of Islamophobia as someone mentioned. If it was possible to vote AGAINST an entry I'm sure the anti-Israel vote would be high. OTOH it only needs a relatively small group of voters to vote FOR Israel to push them up the rankings. Problem for the protesters is that there’s no single agreed alternative to rally behind. All they can do is not cast a vote for Israel.

I really can’t stand the politicisation of popular culture. I used to enjoy watching the Oscars until it became a dreary string of pointless protests and campaign speeches. Wonder how many Palestine flags we'll see tonight? A lot, I predict.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Well I suppose the "row" could still have been Israel-related. Not sure if that makes me a conspiracy theorist for mentioning the possibility.
Not according to the official statement.

It says he was being filmed in the green room after his dress rehearsal performance and kept asking them to stop, and made a “threatening gesture” towards the female camera operator.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Not according to the official statement.

It says he was being filmed in the green room after his dress rehearsal performance and kept asking them to stop, and made a “threatening gesture” towards the female camera operator.

OK, fair enough. This wasn’t clear this morning when I read the Guardian report.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
OK, fair enough. This wasn’t clear this morning when I read the Guardian report.
Yeah, the information is trickling out from the official sources slowly. But that is what happened. Police investigated, file sent to prosecutors.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Whilst voting is as crooked as a nine quid note anyway, I do wonder if it could be a near null point job for Israel tonight? With the only nation giving them points possibly the UK?
Not a chance.

Assuming European people who vote on eurovision are 50% pro Israel and 50% pro Palestine.

50% of viewers will vote for Israel just because they are pro israel, the other 50% of the votes will get split between 24 other countries. So Israel will win the public vote at least. At least that's the logic.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s already going wrong!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sweden....right up my street :love:

A1X