Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Eurovision - Liverpool To Host In 2023

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why don't we call it countrieswelike.com. Nothing about the actual music, hasn't been for a long time. Who'd have thought?

Our song was far better than Ukraine's. If we had lost to Sweden or Spain, I could understand it

Apparently Putin loves watching Eurovision so he would have been sobbing into his vodka tonight at the result.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Get Sam Ryder back for next year, that song would have won in any other year.

Ukraine got 439 out of a maximum 468 points from the public. i will be interested to see the countries that didn't give them 12.

That's about as clear a "Europe says f*ck you Putin" as you can get.

Somewhat sadly I was recording the public votes in a spreadsheet and deducting them from what was going to be allocated (2,320 points) so I knew it was game over when Ukraine's points came in.

As you say - a remarkable tally that won't be repeated.

Well, not unless Putin turns his attentions to another country anyway.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Get Sam Ryder back for next year, that song would have won in any other year.

Ukraine got 439 out of a maximum 468 points from the public. i will be interested to see the countries that didn't give them 12.

That's about as clear a "Europe says f*ck you Putin" as you can get.

Yes Pav, it was always likely to turn out to be the European Sympathy Contest for Ukraine.

But that's no bad thing at all. As good as Sam was, I'd have felt more disappointed had Ukraine not won.

As you say, the big picture and a show of unity was always going to be much more important.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Back from our Eurovision party, a terrific night! Fabulous performances and proud of our Sam. Basically we came first but who cares if Ukraine won if it sticks an almighty finger in Putin’s eye. Everyone’s a winner tonight really.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I genuinely feel a bit sorry for the others. Ukraine were always going to smash it as a vote of support.

I don’t think any of the other competitors would begrudge a Ukraine win. It’s a singing/popularity contest. Any vote for Ukraine is a deeply impassioned vote of support for the people of Ukraine who are going through absolute hell.

I think they all get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get why Ukraine won but I can’t imagine why Serbia got so many public votes. WTF?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Was out and missed a lot of the performances but enjoyed the way the voting was done. As someone with an intense dislike of the heart fingers thing it was a hard watch though!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
You've gone too bloody far now Putin you b@stard. You've cost us a glorious victory with your special military operation. Come on Boris, release the nuclear weapons!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
2nd to Ukraine in Eurovision, Chelsea lose the FA Cup Final and Brighton effectively relegate Leeds.

Not a bad weekend. Night all.

We haven’t yet! Asking for trouble……

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else think that Sam Ryder has a very similar voice to Demis Roussos?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here