Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision and why the UK does not win ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
there's no doubt since the blair-bush love in,voters have turned away from the UK entry

Ireland like Israel before them used to win alot on the sympathy vote

lots of scandinavian winners in the last few years,very neutral aren't they

Strange then that Russia, who is the current boogy man, what with their invasion of the Ukraine etc, managed to get second place last night

Having said that,I don't watch it myself

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Twitter last night showed how he wasn't appreciated by some of his European colleagues who cannot understand why the UK doesn't seem to take it seriously.

"Oh (Beatles) you (Stones) Brits (Who) think (Kinks) you (Pink Floyd) are (Fleetwood Mac) so (Bowie) funny (Bolan) laughing (Queen) at (Elton John) the (Clash) Eurovision (Pistols) entrants (Jam). Why (Specials) don't (Sabbath) you (Iron Maiden) take (Smiths) this (Depeche Mode) competition (Cure) seriously? (Radiohead) Why (Genesis) do (Spice Girls) you (Oasis) not (Adele) understand (New Order) that (Led Zeppelin) us (Bee Gees) Europeans (Dire Straits) can (Rod Stewart) make (George Michael) internationally (Police) successful (Take That) music? (One Bloody Direction)"

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Dr Feelgood,The Beatles.The DC5,Slade,George Ezra,Pet Clark,T-Rex,Elton John and many more. Can bang out a tune or two

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Europe have never got over how we rescued them from the Nazis.
Admittedly the yanks helped a lot later--thanks to the Japs interfering.
We recently paid them back for all the stuff they apparently lent us.
Yeah thanks for that :thumbsup:

This is a simple explanation before all you historians go off on one :rolleyes:

To prove my point Austria & the Nazis came last ------- a bit after us and the capitulating frogs,

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's serious? Blimey.

I will try and dig some of the comments out, it's a shame they are buried in the pages now. But some were hilarious.

But everyone, and I mean everyone, this side of the brook seemed to find the whole thing a right old jolly. Especially Graham Norton's one-liners..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it not a fact that English and derivations of it is the top 2nd language throughout the world so perhaps that would explain why most countries sing a song in English

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
England never wants to win because we just KNOW we could win if we send in One Direction. It's nice of us to let other countries have a chance. Who wants to win anyway? A whole night where more Europeans enter the country?? Who can guarantee they'll leave peacefully?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Is it not a fact that English and derivations of it is the top 2nd language throughout the world so perhaps that would explain why most countries sing a song in English
I don't know too many great songs in Chinese Mandarin, though someone may prove me wrong.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
England never wants to win because we just KNOW we could win if we send in One Direction. It's nice of us to let other countries have a chance. Who wants to win anyway? A whole night where more Europeans enter the country?? Who can guarantee they'll leave peacefully?

THIS----I think:drink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know too many great songs in Chinese Mandarin, though someone may prove me wrong.

There are.. They are number 21,26,37,44 and 55 on the flyer I've got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here