Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision 2013 - UK Entry Announced (merged threads)

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Right that will be it then. Nothing to do with decades of shite unmemorable songs and performances so flacid they would put a Saturday night drunk to shame.

Well I sent them a comment too. Waiting on a response

Hello. it's not really so much of a complaint but why have we even entered the Eurovision this year. It's a fact Europe don't like us. This Is proof in the past few Eurovisions we have attended. I myself believe that no matter how good the song we put out there we would only get a bad response from the whole of Europe when It comes to this "Competition"

I think It would be high tide we hang up out boots and not enter. Atleast have whatever pride we have left.

That would be my stand on It anyways. There's no reason to enter. Surely the money could be spent elsewhere rather than making the UK look foolish.

MidgetGem

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Eurovision 2013 - UK Entry Announced

We could easily score a lot of points, instead we constantly enter absolute shit. Nobody good wants to do it.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Bonnie looks like she could be Tulisa's mum in that video! :eek:

Can we get relegated from Eurovision? I think it's about time we did! lol

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
18th May.

On a related, and slightly odd, note:

Copa del Rey final date to be moved due to Eurovision | Inside Spanish Football

The Copa del Rey final which is set to be played on May 18th could be moved to accommodate the Eurovision Song Contest that is due to be played on the same date.

The RFEF say that they are weighing up options for the cup final to be moved as they do not want to lose viewers due to the Eurovision song contest and that a move must first be approved by the RFEF and LFP committees.

“We are looking into the possibility of changing the date of the Final – kick-off time will remain the same but we need to look at a new date,” a RFEF spokesman said on Friday.

“We need to discuss this with the Professional Football League (LFP) because league matches take place on the Sunday (matches corresponding to Week 36 of the league campaign – apart from those which involve the finalists). Any new date must be ratified in the next board meeting.

“We are keen to ensure that the Final is played on a Saturday so that children are able to go to the stadium.

“It would be difficult to stage it on a Wednesday at a prime time slot as work and school commitments would mean that many families would not be able to attend. When we set the original date, we didn’t know Eurovision’s plans.”

That is a long time off. :down: Disappointing.

Hilarious from the Spanish though! :lolol: They seem to take it seriously, yet I can't remember ever seeing a Spanish entry...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I like it. Will do a lot better than most people think.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Will do a lot better than most people think.

Most people think we will get zero.

So as long as either the Irish or Belgians (the only nations that ever vote for us) give us a sympathy point, we will be doing better than expectations.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hilarious choice and ludicrous reasons behind it... there was some " expert" stood in HMV saying " This is a good choice, Bonnie has a large following in Eastern Europe and is renowned for her power ballads etc etc. "

Pretty much the same was said about Englebert last year, when will we ever learn.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Jesus Bonnie Tyler? They can do better than that. She's *ahem* totally shit for the part...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they allow Kazakhstan to enter Eurovision will Borat be singing their entry ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here