Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] European football and summer holidays?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Never thought I'd be asking this question, but as it's a real possibility that we qualify for the Europa League or Conference, I am trying to work out when to go away in August without the risk of a conflict between a European home game.

As far as I can make out, English teams don't need to qualify for the conference and the group matches are from September onwards, and the same goes for the Europa League. Is that correct?

Which brought spark decided to name them almost the same?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Europe would just involve a set of more unnecessary fixtures for players to get injured and exhausted- a bit like a load of meaningless international friendlies.

Champions League or OUT.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Never thought I'd be asking this question, but as it's a real possibility that we qualify for the Europa League or Conference, I am trying to work out when to go away in August without the risk of a conflict between a European home game.

As far as I can make out, English teams don't need to qualify for the conference and the group matches are from September onwards, and the same goes for the Europa League. Is that correct?

Which brought spark decided to name them almost the same?
If we finish 7th we'd enter the Conference League in the Play Off Round which means we'd be playing Thursday 24th and Thursday 31st August. Europa League or better we go straight into the group stage so no matches until around 21st September.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes, 7th may get us into Europe but it may be for just the two games (home & away) against the one club. 6th gets us straight into the Europa League with a guaranteed 6 games. 8th would give us the joy of watching all our players sat on benches whilst their team mates play in Europe.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But the final is played in May so why are you bothered about August or Sept?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If West Ham win the European conference don’t they automatically qualify at the expense of one of the top 6/7?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here