Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Europa-Park - Germany travel advice

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
NSC, you’ve never let me down in the past with travel advice and I’ve enjoyed some superb recommendations and advice in the past.

I’ve just seen there is a new Phantom of the Opera VR rollercoaster experience opened at Europa-Park in Germany. Now, I’ve never been for more than a day in Germany and would have no idea how to go about planning a trip. So I have some questions if anyone has any clue!

My plan would be to fly EasyJet (assuming they’re cheapest) with my partner, from Gatwick. I’d like a few days in a major city with good sights then train to the theme park, then home. Or vice-versa with the city afterwards.

- Where is the park in relation to the major cities? Is my plan feasible to begin with?

- I am aware of the train option - London to Paris direct to Europa Park, although this appears to be very expensive and around 10x the cost of flying upon looking.

- Can the park be done in one day, or should I allow for two? I’ve looked at the hotels walking distance from the park, and with advance planning would be within my budget (£150 a night, give or take for a double room - reasonable?).

- How accessible is the park for non-German speakers? Obviously I’m not expecting everything to be in English.

- Any general tips/feedback about how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doesn’t look the easiest place to get to. Would you consider hiring a car ?

Either way Stuttgart, Zurich or Strasbourg all look within reasonable distance but far enough you’d probably want 2-3 nights I’d imagine

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
You've got some great city options - Strasbourg or Freiburg. Nice part of the world.

Never been to the theme park so I can't help you there. Germans generally speak decent English - language barrier won't be a problem.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How accessible is the park for non-German speakers? Obviously I’m not expecting everything to be in English.
I am not familiar with this park but in general, major tourist attractions like this shouldn’t be an issue. If in doubt, just find the nearest youngster as they will no doubt speak reasonable English and be willing to help. Older people less so.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I've not been to the park but Freiburg, Strasbourg and Colmar are all lovely places to stay.

Easyjet fly to Basel/Mulhouse/Freiburg Euroairport, and Volotea fly to Strasbourg, both from Gatwick.

Germans are friendly and helpful, I'm sure the language barrier will not be a problem.

Have fun!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here