Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can’t believe this has reached four pages and is even a discussion still.

Okay, I’ll play devil’s advocate. Let’s say European competition is bad for us.

So for the rest of our existence our aim is to stay in the Premier League, but finish outside of the European places and not win any domestic competitions (so we don’t qualify for Europe).

What’s the point then? What’s the point of supporting the Albion, or any club really?

Ridiculous.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
How any Albion supporter could even slightly baulk at the idea of any kind of European football next season is beyond me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How any Albion supporter could even slightly baulk at the idea of any kind of European football next season is beyond me.
I fear I will be too skint to travel

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
True, as it is a Holy Grail, along with winning a cup. What OP is justifiably pointing out is the difficulty non top 6 (and sometimes even top 6) have in playing 50+ competitive matches without dropping a bollock en route due to too low resources. Of course we want to get the road map out for that treasured visit to Bulgaria but it comes with strings and the finances from Europa League don't stretch far.

In TB we trust and all that, but IMO we shall need 4-6 reasonably oven ready players to make sustained attack on all fronts, and we tend not to do oven ready.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
jumping the gun here slightly ! I dont really follow European football but what are the typical away allocations for europa league / conference games? Like others on here its always been a dream to watch the Albion in europe (dont really care where). The problem for me is living in NZ with no points and just a my albion+ membership to my name i think the chances would be next to none.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
jumping the gun here slightly ! I dont really follow European football but what are the typical away allocations for europa league / conference games? Like others on here its always been a dream to watch the Albion in europe (dont really care where). The problem for me is living in NZ with no points and just a my albion+ membership to my name i think the chances would be next to none.
Should we ever make it, I'm planning on just turning up in the city of whichever team we're playing and if i can't find a ticket just watch in a bar there. It's the adventure and romance of playing in Europe that's the biggest draw for me.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Will it be POTG ???

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

It’s a minimum of 5% of stadium capacity. Ticket prices are a maximum of 45 euros each for the Europa League & Conference,

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I can’t believe this has reached four pages and is even a discussion still.

Okay, I’ll play devil’s advocate. Let’s say European competition is bad for us.

So for the rest of our existence our aim is to stay in the Premier League, but finish outside of the European places and not win any domestic competitions (so we don’t qualify for Europe).

What’s the point then? What’s the point of supporting the Albion, or any club really?

Ridiculous.
I've heard the pies are quite good 😉

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The Sussex OB struggle with a load of idiots dressed in black from Croydon they would have no hope with thousands of mental Italian, Dutch, Turkish or German fans. Pyro shows could be impressive.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Australia get into Eurovision, maybe the Europa League will expand to include the antipodes too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here