Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League - What we know so far

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Looking again a bit closer

Feels very much like Freiburg over Berlin as Berlin have an easyish last game.

Holland is interesting at the moment it's looking like Ajax. But psv are playing AZ last game away thats gonna be really tough.

France another intriguing one. Monaco have Rennes next away if Rennes beat them they go ahead of Monaco.

The draw is still quite far from being decided. Although it should become slightly clearer next weekend

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Monaco would be superb. They get about 5,000 at home in a 25,000 stadium. We'd get as many tickets as we wanted. Plus it's ruddy MONACO FFS.
Monaco away with the lads

what's the pub culture like there? :p

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Dunno, but I reckon i'd be hiring a car and going round the F1 roads as much as I can, (ok probably at 5mph in heavy traffic)
Would not waste your time in Monaco. Base yourself in Nice which is about a 30 minute train journey from Monaco. Another 16 minutes or so by train further West from Nice is the lovely town of Antibes. Cheaper than Nice.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
What would happen if Fiorentina beat West Ham and also win the Copa Italia? Would West Ham or Inter go through as runner up? And let's say it's Inter but they also finish 5th in the league then does that drop down to 6th?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would not waste your time in Monaco. Base yourself in Nice which is about a 30 minute train journey from Monaco. Another 16 minutes or so by train further West from Nice is the lovely town of Antibes. Cheaper than Nice.
Absolute bugger to get out of Monaco to nice after the game though. Not sure how late the trains run as well. And good luck getting a cab !

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

Group Stage

Draw will be made on 1st September 2023

Fixture Dates:
- 21st September 2023
- 5th October 2023
- 26th October 2023
- 9th November 2023
- 30th November 2023
- 14th December 2023

Knockout Round Play-offs

Draw will be made on 18th December 2023, and the clubs involved will be the eight group stage runners-up and eight group third-placed teams from Champions League group stage

Fixture Dates:
- 15th February 2024
- 22nd February 2024

Knockout Round of 16

Draw will be made on 23rd February 2024, and the clubs involved will be the eight Group Stage winners and eight winners of the Knockout Round Play-offs

Fixture Dates:
- 7th March 2024
- 14th February 2024

Teams already qualified for Group Stage;

Brighton :) (not 100% confirmed, but of course we have)
Liverpool (tiny chance they will get CL instead but 99% sure this will be the case)
Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)
Toulouse (France)
West Ham or Fiorentina (Basically whoever wins this seasons Europa Conf League Trophy)
Fifth place in La Liga (Spain) - probably Villareal
Sixth place in La Liga (Spain) - probably Real Betis
Fifth in Serie A (Italy) - Probably Inter Milan or AC Milan
Winners of Copa Italia - Fiorentina or Inter Milan
Fifth in Bundesliga (Germany) - Union Berlin or Freiburg
Winners of German Cup - RB Leipzig or Eintracht Frankfurt
4th in Ligue Un (France) - most likely Monaco

plus there are qualifying rounds and play off stages for 12 losers of the Champions League 2023/24 second qualifying round

Plus

Either PAOK or Olympiakos (Greece)
Slavia Prague (Czech)
PSV or Ajax (Netherlands)
LASK (Austria)
Antwerp (Belgium)
3rd place in Ukraine league
Scottish Cup Winners (Celtic or Inverness :))
Cukaricki or TSC (Serbia)
Winners of the Swiss Cup (Young boys or Lugano)

Great research.............but more to the point, do UEFA even know where Brighton is ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I fully expect a Seagulls Euro Away club to be in place by July and it will be the only way to apply for away tickets. This is what Barber did for England in the early 00s. Expect to have to be police checked to join. It will be loyalty points based.
Yes sadly that probably makes sense. If I can't get in Brighton end should be pretty easy in home end in most places.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Yes Antibes is lovely, but unfortunately has only a few hotels. Base yourselves in Nice so much more accommodation and bars.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Union Berlin would be good or one of the Milan's..

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Europa League - Important Dates (May/June)
24th May - Coppa Italia Final & Greek Football Cup Final
25th May - Serbian Cup Final
27th May - Bundesliga Final Day & Czech First League Final Day
28th May - Premier League Final Day & Eredivisie Final Day
3rd June - DFB-Pokal Final, Ligue 1 Final Day, Scottish Cup Final & Ukraine Premier League Final Day
4th June - La Liga Final Day, Serie A Final Day, Belgium Pro League Final Day & Swiss Cup Final
7th June - Europa Conference League Final

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Prague isn’t what it used to be 15-20 years ago sadly. Stupidly expensive now compared to back then.
That's true to a degree especially around the touristy trap places of the Old Town and Wenceslas Square. Prague has earned itself somewhat a reputation for various scams in those areas for which the local authorities don't seem too concerned about tackling. Despite that beer prices aren't anywhere as eye watering as London prices. Head out to the suburbs like Holesovice and Zizkov and normality returns. Visit one of the border towns and a half litre beer is still possible for the equivalent of circa 1.50 euro. :drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Monaco would be superb. They get about 5,000 at home in a 25,000 stadium. We'd get as many tickets as we wanted. Plus it's ruddy MONACO FFS.
But it's one of the dullest places that I've ever visited. I watched Ireland beat Italy in an Italian restaurant in Monte Carlo as we couldn't find a suitable bar. I'd fancy Rennes though, I've never been there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here