Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League - What we know so far

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Alte Försterei in Berlin is quite special. Built by the fans and has a capacity of 22,000 but only 3,617 seats. It's not aproved for european games, so they will have to play their home games at Olympiastadion if they qualify.

Olympiastadion is more than twice the size of Europa-Park Stadion in Freiburg.
Union played their Europa League games at the Alte Forsterei this season. The rule was changed this season on a trial basis, allowing clubs that have terracing in their leagues to have those same conditions in European Competition. No decision has been made as to whether the trial will become permanent. It has been intimated Union will probably have to play at the Olympic Stadium for CL games next season due the limitations of the AF in reaching what is required in terms of extra facilities for sponsors, UEFA bods and other assorted hangers on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There will be NO new entrants to the below until the Champions League is underway as the rest will be made up from teams who are eliminated from there:

So far- Group stages:

ALBION
Liverpool
Vilarreal
Real Betis
SC Freilburg
Toulouse
Sporting Lisbon
West Ham United or Fiorentina
GERMANY cup winners- Leipzig (CL) or Eintracht Frankfurt (If Leipzig win this will be Bayern Leverkusen)
(Two of) Altalanta/Roma/Juventus
(One of) Lille/Rennes/Monaco

Final Play-off round:

Ajax
LASK
Cukancki
SCOTLAND cup winners- Celtic (CL) or Inverness Caledonian (If Celtic win then this will be Aberdeen)
SWITZERLAND cup winners- Young Boys (CL) or Lugano (If Young Boys win then this will be Lugano)

Third Qualifying Round:

Olympiacos
Slavia Prague

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There will be NO new entrants to the below until the Champions League is underway as the rest will be made up from teams who are eliminated from there:

So far- Group stages:

ALBION
Liverpool
Vilarreal
Real Betis
SC Freilburg
Toulouse
Sporting Lisbon
GERMANY cup winners- Leipzig (CL) or Eintracht Frankfurt (If Leipzig win this will be Bayern Leverkusen)

Final Play-off round:

Ajax
LASK
Cukancki
SCOTLAND cup winners- Celtic (CL) or Inverness Caledonian) (If Celtic win then this will be Aberdeen)
SWITZERLAND cup winners- Young Boys (CL) or Lugano) (If Young Boys win then this will be Lugano)

Third Qualifying Round:

Olympiacos
Slavia Prague
How about 4th placed french team decided next Saturday? Lilles , Rennes or Monaco

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How about 4th placed french team decided next Saturday? Lilles , Rennes or Monaco

??

" ... (One of) Lille/Rennes/Monaco..."

Hope Leipzig win the German cup, fancy a trip to Leverkusen as it's near to Cologne (and that's a wonderful city to visit)

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Don't the Dutch do some weird Europa League playoff thing now?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yeah, Ajax have to do a two legged playoff match and if they win that, they will qualify for the group stage.
I mean for the teams finished 5-8th. Looks like FC Twente, Utrecht etc have more games to play in a playoff?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
??

" ... (One of) Lille/Rennes/Monaco..."

Hope Leipzig win the German cup, fancy a trip to Leverkusen as it's near to Cologne (and that's a wonderful city to visit)
TBF that was added in response to it being mentioned. Not sure how I missed it in the first place. I missed the Italian entrants too. It's all there now.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

When the stripes go steaming in ?

It's a prime example of how folk on the internet believe any old rubbish. Some even retweeting it wanting to go there.

The real stadium isn't quite so romantic as that.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
When the stripes go steaming in ?

It's a prime example of how folk on the internet believe any old rubbish. Some even retweeting it wanting to go there.

The real stadium isn't quite so romantic as that.
I'd seen this before, but had forgotten which team or country it's actually in.
It's the ground of an amateur team in Slovakia, just to save anybody looking.
In any case, it's not a patch on seeing the ferry go out from the stand at Newhaven.

Edit: In case anybody's really interested, the line appears to have it's own Wikipedia page. I've not bothered to actually check if any of it is accurate.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd seen this before, but had forgotten which team or country it's actually in.
It's the ground of an amateur team in Slovakia, just to save anybody looking.
In any case, it's not a patch on seeing the ferry go out from the stand at Newhaven.

Edit: In case anybody's really interested, the line appears to have it's own Wikipedia page. I've not bothered to actually check if any of it is accurate.
Love a good railway me.

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne

So far- Group stages:

ALBION
Liverpool
Vilarreal
Real Betis
SC Freilburg
Toulouse
Sporting Lisbon
(Two of) Altalanta/Roma/Juventus
(One of) Lille/Rennes/Monaco

Final Play-off round:

Ajax
LASK
Cukancki
SCOTLAND cup winners- Celtic (CL) or Inverness Caledonian (If Celtic win then this will be Aberdeen)
SWITZERLAND cup winners- Young Boys (CL) or Lugano (If Young Boys win then this will be Lugano)

Third Qualifying Round:

Olympiacos
Slavia Prague
I think if Roma win the Europa League and go into Champions League and Juventus end up finishing 7th there would only be one Italian team (Atalanta) in the Europa League.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think if Roma win the Europa League and go into Champions League and Juventus end up finishing 7th there would only be one Italian team (Atalanta) in the Europa League.
What about Fiorentina if they beat West Ham ?

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Which is why everyone who's not a Roma fan should cheer for Sevilla 😌 Seriously though, I could take one of our bitter rivals winning a European Cup this season (hopefully Fiorentina because it's the less prestigious one) - but if all 3 of them do, we Juventini will have to be injected with high doses of antidepressants

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
What about Fiorentina if they beat West Ham ?
In that case they wouldn't steal any Europa League positions, they'd simply be added to the one that qualified trough 5th and 6th place in the league. So we'd have 3 teams in the Europa League (assuming Roma don't win the final.)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Leverkusen in after Frankfurt lose DFB Pokal to Leipzig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here