Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Round of 16 tickets on sale

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There are people who have followed this club, been STHs at 3 different grounds prior to the Amex and have now given up being one at the Amex owing to ill health. It can't be right that they have no chance of a Dublin ticket if we somehow got there.
I have a lot of sympathy for this argument.

However, in order for the person you describe (a person who may not have had a ST for 12 years) to be able to go to Dublin under the scheme you propose there is a chance that someone who has been a STH for all of the last 12 years loses out. How can that be ‘right’ either?

There has to be rationing when demand exceeds supply. A recency bias doesn’t seem to me to be inherently less fair than any other system, all of which, including yours, have their own biases.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a lot of sympathy for this argument.

However, in order for the person you describe (a person who may not have had a ST for 12 years) to be able to go to Dublin under the scheme you propose there is a chance that someone who has been a STH for all of the last 12 years loses out. How can that be ‘right’ either?

There has to be rationing when demand exceeds supply. A recency bias doesn’t seem to me to be inherently less fair than any other system, all of which, including yours, have their own biases.
I think you're probably right in that recency bias is probably the "least unfair" way of doing things, and that is why my proposal still gives recent attendees the far better chance of getting a ticket. What concerns me is that it alienates those who have been there in the past but aren't so much now.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm in a minority on here and would rather not antagonise good people, or indeed give selfish boring morons like Beach Hut the excuse to dribble on about it on unrelated threads.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What concerns me is that it alienates those who have been there in the past but aren't so much now.
Notwithstanding that I don’t agree with you about the current system being a closed shop, nor that a two-year period for ‘breaking the seal’ is unreasonable, I do agree that alienation (perceived or real) of the people you describe is both extremely unfortunate and potentially dangerous for the club in the event we fall off our current lofty status.

I’ll ponder further your suggestion - I do think there is some merit in there somewhere.

Not that what I (or you) think will have any impact at all of course!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting email from the FA given the complaints about the ridiculously early/ill-timed Christmas/NY deadline to reserve Europa League R16 home tickets...

IMG_4466.PNG

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
In the unlikely event of us getting completely dry-humped in the first leg, being as this will clearly sell out, I wonder if the club will open the ticket exchange for this one.

I'll be going regardless, but I can remember going to a Rumbelows Cup midweek 2nd leg vs Middlesbrough at the Goldstone, in the pouring rain, when we were already 5-0 down from the first leg and thinking "WHY am I here ?". The rain was so torrential, the stewards opened the gates from the East Terrace to allow us to troop through under the roof into the North.

We lost, 3-1.
My birthday was taken as a treat ffs 🤦

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here