VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m going to need more holiday.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
When is the draw for the Europa last 16... is that immediately after the games on Thurs?.. on Friday I presume to allow plenty of logistics planning.

I am not expecting to be able to get tickets to the away leg, but will travel anyway for the fun of it, like the group match in Amsterdam....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
When is the draw for the Europa last 16... is that immediately after the games on Thurs?.. on Friday I presume to allow plenty of logistics planning.

I am not expecting to be able to get tickets to the away leg, but will travel anyway for the fun of it, like the group match in Amsterdam....
The plays off are two-legged, so will be after the games on Feb 22nd, suspect it will be on Friday 23rd

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Europa League Q/F first leg 11th April
Europa League Q/F second leg 18th April
FA Cup S/F 21st April

What a few days that would be!
FFS you left out the highlight of this period, Burnley away on 14th.

If we and Liverpool are still in both competitions at that stage, and avoid each other in the FA Cup S/F, when will the games be played, given we would both be scheduled for the Sunday due to European commitments.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Didn't we beat them twice in a fortnight last season?

Last eight games W3, D4, L1 (I'm ignoring the nine straight defeats prior to that....)
Liverpool a tougher prospect this season than last, they recruited terrifically last summer as we all know.

Getting past them over two legs would be an unbelievable achievement. Beating them in one will be tough. But not impossible.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
FFS you left out the highlight of this period, Burnley away on 14th.

If we and Liverpool are still in both competitions at that stage, and avoid each other in the FA Cup S/F, when will the games be played, given we would both be scheduled for the Sunday due to European commitments.

In that case it's likely the clubs and the FA would request UEFA move one of the two QFs to the Wednesday night so the FA Cup semi finals can still be played on Saturday and Sunday. Although UEFA don't normally like matches in the lesser European tournaments clashing with Champions League games they will make exceptions, like when games have to be moved because two clubs in the same city are scheduled to play on the same day.

Either that or one of us is getting an FA Cup semi final on a Monday evening.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
In that case it's likely the clubs and the FA would request UEFA move one of the two QFs to the Wednesday night so the FA Cup semi finals can still be played on Saturday and Sunday. Although UEFA don't normally like matches in the lesser European tournaments clashing with Champions League games they will make exceptions, like when games have to be moved because two clubs in the same city are scheduled to play on the same day.

Either that or one of us is getting an FA Cup semi final on a Monday evening.
I prefer the former option but really I’d just love to have the problem😊

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here