Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League last 16 draw

kevhome2

Jan 20, 2010
Does anyone know whether or not the English clubs avoid each other in the draw?

On another note, having been treated like cattle at Marseille I for one am not keen to go back there, but if they win their play off round is there anything to stop us drawing them again??

I believe it's a no and a no (but my source is NSC so who knows)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Did the English teams not all win their groups anyway?

As far as the second question goes, unless they’ve changed the rules from last season then we can draw Marseilles again. USG played Union Berlin in the last 16 last season having been in the same group.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did the English teams not all win their groups anyway?

As far as the second question goes, unless they’ve changed the rules from last season then we can draw Marseilles again. USG played Union Berlin in the last 16 last season having been in the same group.
That's very silly that. I'm glad we can't draw an English team. I wouldn't want the journey to end on a wet night at the Olympic Park

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Can’t draw another team from the same country until the quarters, so no Liverpool or West Ham but could get Rangers.
Nothing to stop us getting Marseille again.
Even if the country rule wasn't a thing, the group winners are seeded so we could play them anyway.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Getting Marseille again would be dire. Firstly, well we've already played them. Twice. Secondly they are a decent team and would feel pretty nervous about playing them again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here