Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa League Final tickets

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I had to explain to a work colleague today how my memory works: “there’s today, there’s yesterday, there’s the day before yesterday, and there’s some time before that. What you’re asking about it is in category 4.”
Relatable. I think, can't really remember.

el punal

Not entirely sure that is the reason why. After all, the Republic's soccer team played their international games there whilst the Aviva was being built (between 2007 and 2009).
It’s all to do with ‘Rule 42’ - check it out on Wikipedia. Essentially the GAA were opposed to any non-Gaelic games being played on GAA grounds but relented for Republic of Ireland playing football at Croke Park for Euro 2008 and ditto for Ireland in the rugby as Lansdowne Road was out of action.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s all to do with ‘Rule 42’ - check it out on Wikipedia. Essentially the GAA were opposed to any non-Gaelic games being played on GAA grounds but relented for Republic of Ireland playing football at Croke Park for Euro 2008 and ditto for Ireland in the rugby as Lansdowne Road was out of action.
Croke Park was also on the original shortlist for Euro 2028 stadiums but was one of 4 dropped when the 10 stadiums to be used were announced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here