Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa League Final tickets

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't worry, UEFA have booked the 82000 capacity Croke Park, which is next to the 48000 Aviva Stadium, to be used as a fan zone.
I wonder why they didn't booked the bigger stadium for the game?
Because Croke Park's facilities are miles short of meeting UEFA's standards. And because the owners (GAA) hate the very thought of SOCCER being played there.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Don't worry, UEFA have booked the 82000 capacity Croke Park, which is next to the 48000 Aviva Stadium, to be used as a fan zone.
I wonder why they didn't booked the bigger stadium for the game?
Croke park is nowhere near the Aviva

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Because Croke Park's facilities are miles short of meeting UEFA's standards. And because the owners (GAA) hate the very thought of SOCCER being played there.
Well, it's good enough for Bruce Springsteen

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm sometimes an hour's walk from my memory too!
I had to explain to a work colleague today how my memory works: “there’s today, there’s yesterday, there’s the day before yesterday, and there’s some time before that. What you’re asking about it is in category 4.”

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
But only if he recovers from the COVID he caught from Larry David after drinking from the same glass of water.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is it a UEFA ‘thing’ of deliberately picking a smaller venue for the EL and EC finals, giving added kudos to the CL final?

Plus that old FIFA and UEFA chestnut of favouring in vast numbers the ‘great n good’ and corporates.

Thankfully we won’t see look-at-me posts boasting about tickets, if we’d made the final.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Croke park is nowhere near the Aviva
OK, an hours walk or 15 mins by taxi. But both in Dublin, the latter to be filled with Liverpool & Rangers fans for the final.
Anyone told them one of those two teams got knocked out?

The 2024 UEFA Europa League final will be played at Dublin Arena in the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday 22 May at 21:00 CEST (20:00 local time).
A total of 36,000 tickets out of 48,000 are available directly for fans and the general public to purchase. The two teams that reach the final will receive 12,000 tickets each, while the remaining tickets are being offered for sale to fans worldwide via UEFA.com/tickets. Each successful applicant will be able to purchase up to four tickets in the allocated price category.
Ticket prices:
Fans First (reserved for fans of the teams): €40
Category 3: €65
Category 2:
€100
Category 1: €150
Accessibility tickets for disabled spectators cost €40. All tickets are priced at the Fans First rate and come with one complimentary companion ticket.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
OK, an hours walk or 15 mins by taxi. But both in Dublin, the latter to be filled with Liverpool & Rangers fans for the final.
Anyone told them one of those two teams got knocked out?

The 2024 UEFA Europa League final will be played at Dublin Arena in the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday 22 May at 21:00 CEST (20:00 local time).
A total of 36,000 tickets out of 48,000 are available directly for fans and the general public to purchase. The two teams that reach the final will receive 12,000 tickets each, while the remaining tickets are being offered for sale to fans worldwide via UEFA.com/tickets. Each successful applicant will be able to purchase up to four tickets in the allocated price category.
Ticket prices:
Fans First (reserved for fans of the teams): €40
Category 3: €65
Category 2:
€100
Category 1: €150
Accessibility tickets for disabled spectators cost €40. All tickets are priced at the Fans First rate and come with one complimentary companion ticket.
Why sell 12000 to fans worldwide? Crazy. I think any real football fan has no problem with a stadium being packed exclusively with supporters of the finalists. And FOUR tickets each. Ticket tout heaven.

Obviously the remaining 12000 is an issue too but even sponsors are more worthy of a ticket that some random fan.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm pretty sure (and I can't be bothered to look it up) that last time the Aviva hosted the Europa League final it didn't sell out.

Atalanta Vs Benfica in Croke Park would have been a bit shit.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
In his excellent autobiography Liam Brady recounts being thrown out of his senior school just before his final exams by the Christian Brothers who ran it because he’d shamed the school by signing schoolboy forms at a football club!

The Head Honcho at the school other than his love of Christ was Gaelic Football all the way, hating any involvement with soccer 🙈

el punal

When Lansdowne Road was demolished for the building of the Aviva stadium the Irish RFU asked the GAA if the Ireland rugby team could play at Croke Park. The GAA gave its permission only because the Irish national rugby team represents both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland as opposed to football (soccer!) which are two separate entities N.I. and the Republic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When Lansdowne Road was demolished for the building of the Aviva stadium the Irish RFU asked the GAA if the Ireland rugby team could play at Croke Park. The GAA gave its permission only because the Irish national rugby team represents both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland as opposed to football (soccer!) which are two separate entities N.I. and the Republic.
Not entirely sure that is the reason why. After all, the Republic's soccer team played their international games there whilst the Aviva was being built (between 2007 and 2009).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm sure.

But then The Boss' stadium criteria don't include 100+press positions, VIP lounges, 10 fixed camera positions, 2 high-spec changing rooms, indoor warm-up areas, multiple TV studios, huge outside broadcast area, or a set level of (very high) floodlight brightness.

Is it a UEFA ‘thing’ of deliberately picking a smaller venue for the EL and EC finals, giving added kudos to the CL final?

Plus that old FIFA and UEFA chestnut of favouring in vast numbers the ‘great n good’ and corporates.

Thankfully we won’t see look-at-me posts boasting about tickets, if we’d made the final.

I think it’s the same thing as Wembley, the refurbishment of Lansdowne Road was so bloody expensive, they just have to use it for everything to make it pay so I’m not even sure it gets to asking the good folk at the GAA to lend the stadium again.

It’s annoying as I would go to way more Ireland internationals football and rugby if they were played at Croker. During the 18 months they were, I went to every game there as it wasn’t a faff to get tickets. Don’t remember the facilities as any more awful than most big stadiums (eg Olimpico!) But the footprint of Lansdowne was constrained and nothing could be done about it. Saves my bank balance for Albion aways I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here