Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa League final: Sevilla v Roma

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Always surprises me how many English references you see on continental fan flags, 'Casuals' on a Roma one with Lacoste logo. Anyone see the old British Rail logo on a Sevilla flag a minute ago? Guessing it's a nod to the 80s hooligan element travelling away by train.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
To be honest there's nothing I like more then seeing "The Special One" in the opposition dugout at the the AMEX, although I don't disagree with what you say.
If they win tonight you won't be able to, as they'll be in the Champions League (though to be fair they would have a good chance of finishing 3rd in their group there and getting back to the EL.)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is obviously what’s effective in the Europa league but Jesus, this has been a woeful final quality wise.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Here's the banner (under two Roman-soldiers tifos) that they made for Roma-Leicester in the Conference League semifinal last year:
LfyDS5L.jpg

"In Britannia cuncti nomen Romanorum horrebant" (Latin for "In Britannia everyone feared the name of the Romans")
Is “horrebant” the first recorded incidence of bants between rival fans?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Reading this thread is giving me goosebumps remembering going to Hamburg to see Fulham in the Europa League final in 2010. Effing Diego Forlan and unknowns David De Gea and Agüero did us. Amazing atmosphere during the day and evening and an incredible journey to get there over the preceding months. Hope you're there next year this time.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Reading this thread is giving me goosebumps remembering going to Hamburg to see Fulham in the Europa League final in 2010. Effing Diego Forlan and unknowns David De Gea and Agüero did us. Amazing atmosphere during the day and evening and an incredible journey to get there over the preceding months. Hope you're they're next year this time.
There is no reason why Albion can't do well. When I watch teams like Sevilla and Roma, it occurs to me that really there isn't much difference between them and teams such as Aston, Villa or indeed Fulham. They are just famous old names. Which Aston Villa and Fulham are too. Just a little more exotic, perhaps. I still think of it as the UEFA Cup.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There is no reason why Albion can't do well. When I watch teams like Sevilla and Roma, it occurs to me that really there isn't much difference between them and teams such as Aston, Villa or indeed Fulham. They are just famous old names. Which Aston Villa and Fulham are too. Just a little more exotic, perhaps. I still think of it as the UEFA Cup.
Slightly worrying, Given our record against teams like Aston Villa and Fulham… :lolol:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Fulham and Villa both beat us twice this season... :facepalm:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Extra-time is such a waste of time. What's the point of playing an extra 30 minutes of lower quality football? Should either go straight to penalties or golden goal rule should be brought back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think of it as the Inter Cities Fairs cup.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Extra-time is such a waste of time. What's the point of playing an extra 30 minutes of lower quality football? Should either go straight to penalties or golden goal rule should be brought back.
Golden goal was terrible - teams terrified of committing and then conceding. Tonight's game should definitely have just gone straight to pens though. Embarrassing from both teams but Roma especially

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here