Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa League final - 8PM

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Mad that Gasperini has brought Atalanta so much success and is still there after 8 years.

Unimaginable at Brighton, sadly. :(

atal.png

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Worthy winners.

Champion's League beckons....

Italy could have 6 teams in the Champions League.

If Atalanta finish 5th the extra spot awarded to Italy passes to 6th place as it’s a protected place given to a side that haven’t qualified for the CL already. However they will only have one representative in the Europa League if this happens.

Germany could also have 6 sides next season as Dortmund finished 5th and if they win the Championship League they will qualify for next season as defending champions so 6th place in the Bundesliga will get the extra spot awarded to Germany for next season.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Mad that Gasperini has brought Atalanta so much success and is still there after 8 years.

The PL is shit really isn't it. Any smaller club just continually raided as soon as they get ideas above the natural order of things

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
No doubt after tonight's performance there will be a few clubs and their fans regretting letting a talent like Lookman slip through their fingers. We've all been there. *cough!* Gyokeres *cough!*

Jimmy Grimble

View attachment 182823
Interestingly, Gasperini’s Atalanta used to stomp all over RDZ’s Sassuolo. Get him in!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The PL is shit really isn't it. Any smaller club just continually raided as soon as they get ideas above the natural order of things
To be fair, Atalanta have lost players quite regularly over Gasperini’s time but he has always regenerated well.

Plus they’ve never been reliant on individual performances from star players anyway, they just play brilliantly as a collective. He’s done an incredible job.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No doubt after tonight's performance there will be a few clubs and their fans regretting letting a talent like Lookman slip through their fingers. We've all been there. *cough!* Gyokeres *cough!*
Lookman has always had a lot of ability and will have games like that - but also has a lot of games where he looks poor and seems to lose confidence over time and ends up moving.

On loan. He was fantastic at Leipzig from memory - then he signed permanently and not so good

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The most interesting thing to me after that game was that Alonso does not appear to have used tiredness or too many matches (52) as an excuse for their defeat :smile:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I hope everyone remembered to cancel their Dublin hotel rooms.
I spent all last week checking my emails for hotel bookings for this week. I know I cancelled the main out of town booking but thought I had a second expensive booking in the centre. Nothing found and no 'we cant wait to see you' or 'where are you' emails.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey.

Ademola Olajade Alade Aylola Lookman was born on 20 October 1997 in Wandsworth, Greater London, to Nigerian parents. He attended St Thomas the Apostle College in Peckham where he achieved three A*s and five As at GCSE.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Saw this on the BBC about Atalanta ....

Atalanta's home town of Bergamo is in the north of Italy - about 35 miles from Milan and 115 from Turin - and has a population of about 120,000.

So in a bid to ensure young fans do not go on to support the big Milan clubs AC and Inter or even Juventus in Turin, Atalanta sends every newborn baby in Bergamo free milk and a club shirt.

.... Get on it Barber

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Saw this on the BBC about Atalanta ....

Atalanta's home town of Bergamo is in the north of Italy - about 35 miles from Milan and 115 from Turin - and has a population of about 120,000.

So in a bid to ensure young fans do not go on to support the big Milan clubs AC and Inter or even Juventus in Turin, Atalanta sends every newborn baby in Bergamo free milk and a club shirt.

.... Get on it Barber
I thought we already did that? Not the free milk, just the shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here