Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League - confirmed / unconfirmed teams ....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone got a list of all confirmed teams and potential teams for each country?

Thanks in advance :)

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_UEFA_Europa_League

Toulouse the only other team confirmed so far.

Fiorentina or West Ham
Braga or Sporting
Freiburg or Union Berlin

And 3 of those will be joining us in the groups.
Liverpool also highly likely as well of course.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Group stage​

The draw for the group stage will be held on 1 September 2023. The 32 teams will be drawn into eight groups of four. For the draw, the teams will be seeded into four pots, each of eight teams, based on their 2023 UEFA club coefficients (CC). Teams from the same association could not be drawn into the same group.

Pot 1
Pot 1, 2, 3 or 4

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thanks but those capacities look wrong ?
It’s the original capacity of Withdean if you include the fans in the trees. I guess wiki hasn’t been updated for a while.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think Freiburg's new ground has a similar capacity to ours.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I guess if we have a coefficient, then looking at what’s there so far, guessing we may be pot 2?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Thanks but those capacities look wrong ?
think it's actually the number of times over that each seat in the ground could have been sold, for each of the upcoming games

That or how much the ticket touts will be charging us for each ticket

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I had earmarked one of the Istanbul teams. But turkey strangely don't seem to have any teams in europa

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please please please let us be in a group with Toulouse :smile:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So based on reading about the coefficient am I right in thinking that ours increases if West Ham and Man City both win?

Last edited:

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Depending on how many points they arbitrarily decide to deduct from our total at the end of this season, we might end up facing each other! And even without all that, it might happen all the same if we're as shit in our CL group as we've been this season

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I had earmarked one of the Istanbul teams. But turkey strangely don't seem to have any teams in europa
There is the chance of only one Turkish club in the Europa League.
That is because the winner of the Super Lig, likely Galatasaray, will qualify for the Champions League first qualifying round.
If Galatasaray lose in the 2nd, 3rd or Play-Off Qualifying Round of the CL they will move down into the EL and may be an opponent of ours.
This also applies to other clubs in CL qualifying such as Rangers and Dinamo Zagreb to name a few.
[May I also include that if Galatasaray finished 3rd in a CL group, that is another option to join the Europa League]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Their coefficient seems to have dropped which has reduced the number of clubs they have in Europe. Whoever qualifies for the Champions League from Turkey could still end up in the Europa League depending on what happens in qualifying.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Their coefficient seems to have dropped which has reduced the number of clubs they have in Europe. Whoever qualifies for the Champions League from Turkey could still end up in the Europa League depending on what happens in qualifying.
That's a real shame as would have loved to play one of the Istanbul teams. Incredible atmosphere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here