Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Away Games

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not ideal .
Do You reckon there won’t be enough Ajax away tickets to go round ?
If games like Chelsea or spurs sell out before going to all season ticket holders why wouldn’t Ajax? It’s not much further and can be done in a day

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Reading a few replies, not sure if some are thinking this will be like a Euro/World Cup. Probably my misinterpretation and it’s obvious… but there won’t be a big screen/fanzone so a bit different for ticketless fans, especially any with kids.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
If games like Chelsea or spurs sell out before going to all season ticket holders why wouldn’t Ajax? It’s not much further and can be done in a day
Appreciate things are different now but two seasons ago Spurs went to purchase history and only sold out a few days beforehand.
How times have changed!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It's a bit of a stretch to say Amsterdam isn't much further than Chelsea! On top of that is the expense and need to take time off work, organise childcare etc. These aren't particular concerns of mine as I'm retired and, being a boomer of course have unlimited funds. But they're significant obstacles for many.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
It's a bit of a stretch to say Amsterdam isn't much further than Chelsea! On top of that is the expense and need to take time off work, organise childcare etc. These aren't particular concerns of mine as I'm retired and, being a boomer of course have unlimited funds. But they're significant obstacles for many.
There are more flight options to Amsterdam than say Marseille or Athens and, if need be, it’s about a 4 hour drive from Calais if you couldn’t get a flight.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
After the initial euphoria I'm starting to think I probably won't bother going to the away games. By the time I started looking at travel possibilities, options were getting complicated and costs had climbed quite high plus am having trouble fitting the time needed around existing commitments. There's a chance I might change my mind if tickets are available for me (unlikely at the moment). And in any case, I'm thinking it will be fun to get together with a couple of mates in front of a big screen either at home or in a local pub. I have my 3 home tickets sorted. At the moment I'm thinking that'll do me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Appreciate things are different now but two seasons ago Spurs went to purchase history and only sold out a few days beforehand.
How times have changed!
They did last season too. I'm a ST holder with very few loyalty points but got a ticket to Spurs. Newcastle didn't sell out at all.There aren't that many mega fans with a zillion points

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There are more flight options to Amsterdam than say Marseille or Athens and, if need be, it’s about a 4 hour drive from Calais if you couldn’t get a flight.
Exactly, it’s literally easier to do than lots of aways in northern England; likely cheaper too. Tickets in the away end will sell out fast.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Because, as I mentioned in my initial post, it seems like quite a few Brits fear a WC 98 repeat of Marseille-style hooliganism.

Brits?
The Welsh, Iorish & Scotch weren’t there.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
If we can get tickets, I’ll drive to Marseille or Amsterdam and make a 3 day trip out of it.

Actually will probably go to to Ajax regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here