Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa Conference League

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They may have got rid of the round of 32 in the Europa League but they've introduced a knockout qualifying round where the group runners up and the third place teams from the Champions League group stage will play off to face the Europa League group winners in the round of 16, instead of those 3rd place teams going straight into the last 32 as used to happen.

The same format will apply in the conference league with the third placed teams in the Europa League group stage dropping into the Conference league to play off against those teams placing second in the group stage with the winners going on to meet the group winners in the round of 16.

Hmmm. I think I get it! As complicated as usual….seems like it’s not so different then. Cheers for that.

I’d still be very happy to see Albion play a few European games whatever the competition so probably not as against the idea as many others. And there are some great trips to be had outside of the CL - a real variety.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
We had European club football at the Goldstone if I recall.

OK not us but remind me who and what competition?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We had European club football at the Goldstone if I recall.

OK not us but remind me who and what competition?

12345.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's not though, if anything it punishes Spurs (happy days) while rewarding teams from nothing countries like Sweden who'll never amount to anything in the current set up.

Complete opposite, not ideal but.

With the new qualification process for the CL its all about getting more/maintaining the clubs coefficient points

Winning the CL gets you tally's up to 38 points, EL 34 and ConL 30 - so not a massive gap

Plus whilst not the money of the CL - getting to the final gets you £15 million in prize money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here