Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa and FA cup finals 3 days apart

Jimmy Grimble

I’ve posted before about what our schedule would look like with both an FA Cup and Europa League run, managed to dig it out:

Europa League R16 second leg - 14th March
FA Cup Quarter Final - 16th March (presumably it would get moved to the 17th/18th)

Europa League Quarter Final second leg - 18th April
FA Cup Semi Final - 20th April (would again presumably move to the 21st April)

Europa League Semi Final - 2nd May and 9th May. Sandwiched between Villa at Home and Newcastle away in the Prem.

Europa League Final 22nd May
Fa Cup Final 25th May

It’s a shame they’re so close together although realistically any of the scenarios would require some favourable draws (with a huge preference for being at home in the FA Cup, and for having the home leg second in EL). I know the last scenario is unlikely dreamland stuff, but I may never get the chance to look this kind of thing up and repost it again, so why not!

Last edited:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
What's the problem. Continue celebrating in Dublin Thursday and Friday, then Saturday morning flight to Heathrow and restart the celebrations in Wembley.
The problem will be the £450 flight from Dublin to Heathrow on those days!!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I’ve posted before about what our schedule would look like with both an FA Cup and Europa League run, managed to dig it out:

Europa League R16 second leg - 14th March
FA Cup Quarter Final - 16th March (presumably it would get moved to the 17th/18th)

Europa League Quarter Final second leg - 18th April
FA Cup Semi Final - 20th April (would again presumably move to the 21st April)

Europa League Semi Final - 2nd May and 9th May. Sandwiched between Villa at Home and Newcastle away in the Prem.

Europa League Final 22nd May
Fa Cup Final 25th May

It’s a shame they’re so close together although realistically any of the scenarios would require some favourable draws (with a huge preference for being at home in the FA Cup, and for having the home leg second in EL). I know the last scenario is unlikely dreamland stuff, but I may never get the chance to look this kind of thing up and repost it again, so why not!
Quite a few of those won't happen (!), but we almost certainly WILL have to fit in a rearranged home game v Man City (and I think the only possible dates - assuming Man City progress in the CL - are Weds 24th April, or Weds 15th May. If the latter, it would make for an interesting EPL run-in.....Villa, Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd as the last 4 games!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
100% RDZ is thinking through this as a possibility .

Matchday first XI rotation is about to return in a major way to get us ready for such a scenario

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here