Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro Elections...Use your vote

Who are/would you vote for next Thursday?

• Labour

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Tory

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Green

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • BNP(Ergh)!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • UK Independent Party

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
its not bollox and im not a scare monger it was in the Times (que right wing paper, scaring people blah blah blah) and thats why im voting against Labour and always will

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Fridge Man said:
Im sorry do u want me to go out and count every single person coming into the country a whole government department cant do it how could i!?:salute:

er hang on, you said 50 coaches were coming so you must be able to count some of them. tell me where you saw these coaches? did they only contain people sitting or where some standing like on buses. could fit a few extra on there that way i reckon. maybe in the boot.....?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Fridge Man said:
its not bollox and im not a scare monger it was in the Times (que right wing paper, scaring people blah blah blah) and thats why im voting against Labour and always will

ahhh 'it was in the times'. excellent research there, cheers!

Fridge Man said:
Wrong actually 50 coachloads already heading our way from slovakia laods more to follow my extremely NAIVE, GULIIBLE friend:salute:
I saw three of them unloading in Eastbourne yesterday. They were full of schoolkids, aged about 13. Off to the beach, no doubt.

I remember when my kid brother was that age. He went to Slovakia on a school coach trip.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
yeh but they wouldnt lie to that extent and besides it in all papers exept the Gaurdian which is sh1te.

The Mail, Express, Times, Telegraph, sun all run stories about alarming numbers of asylum seekers,economic migrants coming in they arent all gonna be wrong are they

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Fridge Man said:

The Mail, Express, Times, Telegraph, sun all run stories about alarming numbers of asylum seekers,economic migrants coming in they arent all gonna be wrong are they

no joke, that is the funniest thing i have ever read on nsc EVER!

thanks for that:)

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
beorhthelm said:
Oh dear. This im afraid demostrates the ignorance amongst the general population about what is going on in the EU project. While some of the wilder claims of the Sun, UKIP and Tories can be a bit far fetched, the fact of the matter is that the French and Germans do want a centrally run Europen State, and senior politians there constantly say so.

Further, on harmonising tax, it has already begun with VAT. Our Chancellor can not reduce VAT below a certain rate should he want to. That rate is decided by who knows. We only have zero rated goods as we went into the agreement with them already in place, and the EU is constantly trying to 'correct' this anomoly (no other EU country has zero rated goods)

Provide me with evidence to back this up and I'll concede defeat.

Fridge Man said:
yeh but they wouldnt lie to that extent and besides it in all papers exept the Gaurdian which is sh1te.

Oooh Fridge Man, you're not saying things against asylum seekers are you?? Bad Fridge Man.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Mr C said:
Oooh Fridge Man, you're not saying things against asylum seekers are you?? Bad Fridge Man.

Oooh Fridge Man please post some more ignorant bigoted shite with no basis in fact so that Mr C can pose as the brave upholder of Freedom against us evil red oppressors.:censored:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
There are more people leaving this country than entering. Yet we never hear about that. Strange isn't it?
I don't think this is the case anymore. The population of Britain is going up AFAIK. The government, certainly, are assuming that the population will rise over the next ten years, with some of that down to immigration.

Personally I don't see the harm in a protest vote for the UKIP in the Euro elections. It's not like the Euro MPs have any actual power.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Provide me with evidence to back this up and I'll concede defeat.
The best place to look is here:

http://europa.eu.int/scadplus/european_convention/index_en.htm

It's common knowledge that the idea of the European Union is to create a single European state, with a unified currency and tax system, which contains a unigfying army, a consitution and eventually a federal government. No-one in the EU (outside Britain and Scandinavia actually hides any of this).

The main problem IMO is that the EU is not democratic enough, as the European parliament has no real power - which instead lies in the hands of the Commissioners. That is why I'm against the current European Constitution.

Duncan H said:
The main problem IMO is that the EU is not democratic enough, as the European parliament has no real power - which instead lies in the hands of the Commissioners. That is why I'm against the current European Constitution.
Quite right.

The "current European Constitution" fails to take account of the enlargement of the EU.

When we see the new one, we might think it's better.

What I don't understand is why politicians like Howard are saying there shouldn't be any agreed rules as to how the EU should be run.

When exactly did he discover anarchism? Will the Tories embrace the same principles to govern West Sussex County Council? It could be fun, but somehow I don't believe the good people of Chichester really want an anarchist council.

:)

Lord Bracknell said:
Quite right.

The "current European Constitution" fails to take account of the enlargement of the EU.

When we see the new one, we might think it's better.

What I don't understand is why politicians like Howard are saying there shouldn't be any agreed rules as to how the EU should be run.

When exactly did he discover anarchism? Will the Tories embrace the same principles to govern West Sussex County Council? It could be fun, but somehow I don't believe the good people of Chichester really want an anarchist council.

:)
No, the reason he is saying that is because he believes the EU should be less restrictive and less imposing on its members. What about the trading agreement that it is supposed to be? All you need are trading rules, and certainly there is no need for any sort of constitution.

Mr C said:
What about the trading agreement that it is supposed to be? All you need are trading rules, and certainly there is no need for any sort of constitution.
What a pathetic Europe that would be. I want the European constitution to protect my rights to travel and work anywhere in Europe. I want to continue to enjoy the benefits of the Italian health care system when I am there, and I want it paid for out of the VAT I pay when I buy things at Marks and Spencer.

And I want a European Parliament that will defend those rights and give me some representation in shaping the future.

If all we have is "trading rules", the show will be completely run by US dominated multinational companies.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Mr C said:

Oh god know cos people who speek out against a ludicras immigration policy are bigots and racists:angel:

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Interesting debate about Slovakians coming to Britain, but let's put this into context. Slovakia is still a very poor nation, and very much the poor relation to the Czech Republic. I was in Bratislava last October where I had the surreal experience of watching English ceefax in a Slovakian bar checking out the Albion score. When the media talk about Slovakians they actually mean the Roma which is a large minority in the country.

I will say that if Slovakians "flood" into the UK, I for one am quite happy to go the other way. Wonderful food, wonderful beer (Zlaty Bazant) and cigarettes at £1 per packet. Where do I get my resettlement grant?!:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fridge Man said:
Oh god know cos people who speek out against a ludicras immigration policy are bigots and racists:angel:
And for the benefit of those who speak English:

Oh God no! Because people who speak out against ludicrous immigration policy are bigots and racists:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here