Euro Elections...Use your vote

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are/would you vote for next Thursday?

• Labour

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Tory

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Green

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • BNP(Ergh)!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • UK Independent Party

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
I think there are too many paranoid fears of a "super-state"

The EU in whatever form it takes will always have a limited scope. I don't think that there's even a remote chance of imposing uniform taxation or any sort of foreign policy on member countries, given their responsiblity to the electorate.

Oh dear. This im afraid demostrates the ignorance amongst the general population about what is going on in the EU project. While some of the wilder claims of the Sun, UKIP and Tories can be a bit far fetched, the fact of the matter is that the French and Germans do want a centrally run Europen State, and senior politians there constantly say so.

Further, on harmonising tax, it has already begun with VAT. Our Chancellor can not reduce VAT below a certain rate should he want to. That rate is decided by who knows. We only have zero rated goods as we went into the agreement with them already in place, and the EU is constantly trying to 'correct' this anomoly (no other EU country has zero rated goods)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So where's the 'abstain' option then? ???

Every natural-born Labour voter with any kind of conscience has to abstain. If Tony B.Liar refuses to listen to a million voters taking to the streets of London to protest against his illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq, then the currant (word changed to avoid four asterisks trap) needs kicking out as a warning to any other tinpot politician planning on doing the same. It's a personal tragedy for all of the decent, honest and truthful Labour politicians at local level, but in the end it's THEM that will kick B.Liar into touch, not us. So... just say no kidz :nono: :salute:

Last edited:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Tom Hark said:
So where's the 'abstain' option then? ???

Every natural-born Labour voter with any kind of conscience has to abstain.

Agree with your sentiments but would advise spoiling your ballot paper as a protest rather than abstaining. That way you still exercise your democratic right and the spoilt protest vote gets counted.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Agree with your sentiments but would advise spoiling your ballot paper as a protest rather than abstaining
I disagree about spoiled ballots. No-one will notice, and no-one will care. All you will add to the turnout, adding to the legitimacy of the election, without contributing to the result - it's worse than not voting at all.

I suspect that most people just think those who spoil ballots are too stupid to understand how to vote.

If you don't like the candidates, stay at home or stand yourself. Pretending that spoiling a ballot paper is positive action is a mistake.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Duncan H said:
I disagree about spoiled ballots. No-one will notice, and no-one will care. All you will add to the turnout, adding to the legitimacy of the election, without contributing to the result - it's worse than not voting at all.

I suspect that most people just think those who spoil ballots are too stupid to understand how to vote.

If you don't like the candidates, stay at home or stand yourself. Pretending that spoiling a ballot paper is positive action is a mistake.
#

Have to agree to disagree on that. By spoiling your paper (use apt politically aware comment to save looking stupid) you are still taking part in the democratic process and your spolit vote is counted, as opposed to not voting which can be interpreted in any way from apathy to ignorance.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
use apt politically aware comment to save looking stupid
The only person who will see is the counter. After that you're just a list marked "spoiled ballots" which no-one will care about.

What we really need is the "none of the above" option, which if it wins would call for a re-opening of the candidate lists. That is an option I would be happy to see, and would have a much greater effect than just spoiling the paper.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Duncan H said:
What we really need is the "none of the above" option, which if it wins would call for a re-opening of the candidate lists. That is an option I would be happy to see, and would have a much greater effect than just spoiling the paper.

Agree with that. It'll never happen though (a bit like Proportional Representation - the main parties have too much to lose).

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Dandyman said:
I assume you mean the enlargement of the EU. Despite the predictions of the gutter press my friends in Poland seem to be able to resist the temptation to give up their home, car, job, family to move in next door to retards like you.

Wrong actually 50 coachloads already heading our way from slovakia laods more to follow my extremely NAIVE, GULIIBLE friend:salute:

Duncan H said:
The only person who will see is the counter. After that you're just a list marked "spoiled ballots" which no-one will care about.
Not necessarily. I once spoilt my ballot paper in a local council election. There were only two candidates standing - the Tory and Norman Baker (who was our local councillor at the time).

Norman was standing outside the polling station when I arrived to "vote". To this day, I believe he thinks I voted for him.

:lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Fridge Man said:
Wrong actually 50 coachloads already heading our way from slovakia laods more to follow my extremely NAIVE, GULIIBLE friend:salute:

Where exactly do you get this bollocks from ? Have ever been to Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic ?

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Dandyman said:
Where exactly do you get this bollocks from ? Have ever been to Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic ?

But he's right you know; when my ferry got in at Dover the other day at least 200 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS jumped out of containers and proceded to rape ALL OUR WOMEN and TAKE OUR JOBS AND HOUSES.

Another vote for UKIP in the bag there I think.

Last edited:

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
oh yes pheadrus cos they are all loverly people who come here to embrace the british way of life and live in harmony working hard to make britain better - wake up mug

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Fridge Man said:
oh yes pheadrus cos they are all loverly people who come here to embrace the british way of life and live in harmony working hard to make britain better - wake up mug

I don't remember saying any of that. Are you Juan Albion in disguise? Mug indeed.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Fridge Man said:
well at least i can actually see whats going on
well you can see far enough infront of you to read a tabloid newspaper thats for sure

back yourself up fridge man, if you can that is. or are YOU the mug?

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Im sorry do u want me to go out and count every single person coming into the country a whole government department cant do it how could i!?:salute:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Fridge Man said:
well at least i can actually see whats going on

There are huge problems in this country with our immigration system I grant you but scaremongering slogans like "there are 50 coaches on their way here" is just patant bollocks.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Fridge Man said:
Im sorry do u want me to go out and count every single person coming into the country a whole government department cant do it how could i!?:salute:

Tell me Fridge Man, why does this upset you so much. Most of these people are coming because they fear for their lives. People don't just come on a whim.

Also, when it suits us we have no trouble bringing in immigrants. Witness the hundreds of nurses coming to staff our hospitals from the Phillipines etc because we don't have enough trained staff.

There are more people leaving this country than entering. Yet we never hear about that. Strange isn't it?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Fridge Man said:

lol, just as i thought.

bahhhhhhhhh, bahhhhhhhhh

(that's a sheep by the way)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports