Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

€900,000 a year tax free...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That's about £15k a week tax free? So looks like we might be able to offer some competitive wages. It makes you wonder what sort of wage other clubs are offering if we've been 'priced out' recently...

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Let him go and play in an empty stadium , hope he enjoys the shite atmosphere ! Average attendance - 4,611

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely it's more likely to have been "after tax" than "tax free"?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That's £13,500 a week. I'd expect us to be able to afford that for a big signing.
£13k after tax, so actually £26k a week?
I dunno, maybe it's got confused in translation since he is on an actual tax free salary at Monaco.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
It worries me a bit that with the season soon upon us that we still are without the striker we clearly want. Reading the article,ours was a late bid. Was he a serious planned target,or was this just a cheeky last minute bid by us for a sought after player? Hope we don't seem too desperate to clubs & their agents,who will now know if they didnt already what we are prepared to pay in wages etc.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It worries me a bit that with the season soon upon us that we still are without the striker we clearly want. Reading the article,ours was a late bid. Was he a serious planned target,or was this just a cheeky last minute bid by us for a sought after player? Hope we don't seem too desperate to clubs & their agents,who will now know if they didnt already what we are prepared to pay in wages etc.

I know that it can't be easy to identify and sign a good striker at Championship level but, with just over two weeks to go until the start of the new season, I do wish we would just get on with it. Admittedly, patience was never my strong point.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thought we had many targets,seems like we are running out of idea's with just two weeks left and this midfielder we need seems a million miles away???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thought we had many targets,seems like we are running out of idea's with just two weeks left and this midfielder we need seems a million miles away???

It is a shame as I think we're only 2 players away from have a dream team who should make the top 6 this year. I don't think we'll do this without the missing 2.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It is a shame as I think we're only 2 players away from have a dream team who should make the top 6 this year. I don't think we'll do this without the missing 2.
Agree as im rather disappointed that our weak spot last season was that gaping hole in the middle that lacked creativity and of cause that striker possibily although the midfielder should,ve been no 1 priority,seems gus only likes defensive players:)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Let's not panic yet - we have a whole month before the transfer window closes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here