• Neither

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I haven't minded ITV during this tournament but last night was abysmal.
Mark poopatch seemed to want England to lose and was keen to put the boot in on England at every opportunity.
Neville was also terrible and even admitted preferring playing for man ure rather than England and seemed quite anti England all night.
Sam matterface and Kerry Dixon were awful.
Dixon always seems to be just there to watch the match for his own enjoyment and matterfaces cheesy cringe ridden comments at the end of the match were awful and felt a bit pre planned for his own self promotion.
Ian Wright was fantastic and seemed a bit bemused at the anti England stance but fought England's corner well.
Keane was also good and complementary towards Southgate.
After last night it will be BBC for me on Sunday, hopefully wrighty will be on BBC too.

Kerry Dixon?! If it was he might have done us all a favour and shut Twatterface up! Unfortunately it was mild mannered Lee.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Add the fact that I've had to use ITV Hub to watch the games. Their Hub is awful. The picture is terrible. Unlike iPlayer, no UHD at all. Really unacceptable in today's age.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can do without the smug Lineker/Shearer love-in thank you very much. I think Mark Pougatch is a better presenter. I enjoy the simmering rage of Roy Keane and I'm a fan of Gary Neville's analysis.

But I voted BBC because I'm not sure I can take any more of Sam Matterface's imbecility or Lee Dixon's pointless banter. And I would rather do without the ads.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As I will be muting the commentary and only tuning in a few minutes before kick off, not bothered.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Is it Sam Matterface who seems to love coming out with these great lines to build up the occasion? You can just tell, the excitement in his voice, that he's been dying to splutter them out for ages and is very proud of his wordsmithery.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can do without the smug Lineker/Shearer love-in thank you very much. I think Mark Pougatch is a better presenter. I enjoy the simmering rage of Roy Keane and I'm a fan of Gary Neville's analysis.

But I voted BBC because I'm not sure I can take any more of Sam Matterface's imbecility or Lee Dixon's pointless banter. And I would rather do without the ads.

All of this

Lineker is ok, but Shearer is a waste of space.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really? Roy Keane offers no insights beyond "desire, character, commitment, hunger", nothing on tactics, shape, what's working, what isn't. He's making a living looking like he could kick off at any given moment.

What did you think of the first half Roy?
"they showed a lot of character"
What about Southgate's formation matching up to Denmark's wingbacks?
"desire, commitment, effort"
England kept the ball well 2nd half
"hunger, desire, character"
Thanks Roy...

I hope the players don't laugh with the opposition or shake hands in the tunnel. That sets Roy off.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It may be that we are doing well but suddenly Guy Mowbray's commentary has jumped up a level in my mind. Nostalagia and limited sport on TV will always mean the commentators of the 70s 80s and 90s will be remembered more fondly, but I really think Mowbray is up there. His voice just fits the england games. A sort of grand importance but also clearly a fan as well.

Sam Matterface was a hard listen last night. He informed us a goal would help England at one point.

I appreciate in 90 mins of talking you may slip up, but he was getting on my wick well before then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be watching BBC, but I voted ITV because I felt sorry for them as nobody else had.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I'll be watching BBC, but I voted ITV because I felt sorry for them as nobody else had.

splitter.jpg

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Matterface is terrible, I laughed when he begged people to watch the final on ITV due to football superstitions........ erm yeah nothing to do with your viewing figures then :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Someone must watch and like ITV, is it a North/south divide thing? Or a working class thing?

I don't really watch TV , when I do it is never ITV, unlass like last night its something unmissable and not broadcast anywhere else

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Very rarely watch ITV. I have an allergy to adverts and ITV sports coverage. If there is a program I want to see, I’ll record it and watch when I can whiz through the adverts (other than the footie of course).
The only good thing about their coverage of the semi was Ian .Wright, who I have a lot of time for. The rest - meh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Matterface is terrible, I laughed when he begged people to watch the final on ITV due to football superstitions........ erm yeah nothing to do with your viewing figures then :lolol:

He annoyed me a couple of months ago with his snide comments about our win over Man City.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Someone must watch and like ITV, is it a North/south divide thing? Or a working class thing?

I don't really watch TV , when I do it is never ITV, unlass like last night its something unmissable and not broadcast anywhere else

I've never met anybody from anywhere who has claimed to willingly watch ITV's football coverage.

I assume some people watch it because they want to watch something on before/after and can't be bothered to change the channel.

Also, some people are just straight up mad :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here