Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 2020 fan disorder

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The average England home game is a clacker friendly, England band, family fest. Trouble is a mile away as the herberts have no interest breaking in for a qualifier against Albania. The authorities very naively policed and stewarded the final the same way even after the warning signs in the Germany and Denmark games (60,000 my arse). Someone was in charge of that shit show and they should be made accountable. You didn't need a crystal ball to see that one coming.

perhaps it's easier to allow/ invite it to happen then get some stuck up peer of the realm to tell football fans what a disgrace they are....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Filth and vermin the lot of them. I hope they all contract something deeply unpleasant, and perish curled up alone in a cold cave somewhere.

Subhuman scum.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It isn't that long ago that an outbreak of rioting, arson and looting, was met by a wave of arrests and draconian prison sentences. It really wouldn't be that difficult to identify some of the these and haul them up in front of the courts and yet...

Something is going seriously wrong with this country.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The stories, footage and findings in this report bloody scare me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59518850

Anyone that tried to get it deserves a lifetime football banning order and a massive slap in the chops. Disgraceful. We will never get a major tournament. Shocking security and policing also.

Was anyone here at that game?

Yes.

I think the drugs thing is being overplayed a bit. Certainly around the gates and in the ground I'd say there were a lot of chancers there. Some were probably not even football fans - definitely a lot of locals (wearing JD Sports tracksuits and gangsta nike trainers) etc. It was known since the Germany game it was easy to get in, got worse for the Semis and the final was a shit show.

The FA, Police & Council all have to take blame. Having been to almost every tournament since Germany 2006 - this was one of the worst in terms of security, lay out and the way it was managed. Part of the reason is the huge over development around Wembley.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What I don't understand is that there's phone video footage everywhere, presumably loads of CCTV and police footage, yet nobody as far as I can tell has been banged up for this

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What I don't understand is that there's phone video footage everywhere, presumably loads of CCTV and police footage, yet nobody as far as I can tell has been banged up for this

not unusual for police to not act while another related investigation is ongoing, to avoid one prejudicing the other.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

About 100 charged I believe

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
About 100 charged I believe

OK, well, that's a start.

Thousands and thousands involved though.

The criminal justice system needs to be seen to be working with something as high profile as this.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
not unusual for police to not act while another related investigation is ongoing, to avoid one prejudicing the other.

Hmmm, surely if people have committed crimes, police should be investigating these crimes and bringing charges irrespective of what other bodies are doing

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Out of all the bodies which haven't covered themselves in glory in this matter, the police in my mind have cocked up the worst. Both in terms of the planning and by just not engaging with the disorder on the matchday.

As a younger man I was dragged off and thrown out of a match (for really not very much). And i'm pretty sure that was because I come under the category to them of "not that hard to arrest". Way easier for them to deal with a youngster who's had a few snakebites in the morning and has been singing old MacDonald to them than it is to take on coked up Stone Island thugs.

I wasn't there, but i've seen plenty of policing at football to form an guess that they bottled it, sat in their vans and left the disorder to the stewards to sort out, even knowing that most of them were teenagers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Out of all the bodies which haven't covered themselves in glory in this matter, the police in my mind have cocked up the worst. Both in terms of the planning and by just not engaging with the disorder on the matchday.

As a younger man I was dragged off and thrown out of a match (for really not very much). And i'm pretty sure that was because I come under the category to them of "not that hard to arrest". Way easier for them to deal with a youngster who's had a few snakebites in the morning and has been singing old MacDonald to them than it is to take on coked up Stone Island thugs.

I wasn't there, but i've seen plenty of policing at football to form an guess that they bottled it, sat in their vans and left the disorder to the stewards to sort out, even knowing that most of them were teenagers

The problem is the police would have been massively outnumbered. And if they had of moved in, what was a big group would have split up into lots of smaller groups and been even more difficult to manage. They had a lot of police around, high up as well filming so imagine their tactic was to sit back, get evidence and make arrests after.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The problem is the police would have been massively outnumbered. And if they had of moved in, what was a big group would have split up into lots of smaller groups and been even more difficult to manage. They had a lot of police around, high up as well filming so imagine their tactic was to sit back, get evidence and make arrests after.

Cop out though (excuse the pun) There are body cams and CCTV towers. They don't need people there filming it. The crimes were being committed there and then. They can see them. Make an arrest.

I take the point they were outnumbered. This was an institutional failing as well as that of the individual officers.

I actually do have some sympathy with the FA's position that they run a stadium not a fortress. Yes they probably should have hired more experienced stewards. But these were crimes being openly committed. Surely the police's job to do something about it

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cop out though (excuse the pun) There are body cams and CCTV towers. They don't need people there filming it. The crimes were being committed there and then. They can see them. Make an arrest.

I take the point they were outnumbered. This was an institutional failing as well as that of the individual officers.

I actually do have some sympathy with the FA's position that they run a stadium not a fortress. Yes they probably should have hired more experienced stewards. But these were crimes being openly committed. Surely the police's job to do something about it

It is the usual UK arrogance that we know what we are doing.

Go to any major tournament and you have a ring of steel away from a ground, you scan your walk, go in and then walk a long way to the gate. In England we put some small barriers in place about 150m from the stadium and wonder why they are being rushed. Why do you think this has only happened in England not Germany, South Africa, Ukraine/Poland, France, Brazil.....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It is the usual UK arrogance that we know what we are doing.

Go to any major tournament and you have a ring of steel away from a ground, you scan your walk, go in and then walk a long way to the gate. In England we put some small barriers in place about 150m from the stadium and wonder why they are being rushed. Why do you think this has only happened in England not Germany, South Africa, Ukraine/Poland, France, Brazil.....

It could be because they have fewer, drunken drugged up thugs as well

I went to the Brazil world cup and saw not the tiniest bit of antisocial behaviour. There was very little security as they correctly predicted there wasn't a huge need. Everyone, you know, had a great time and watched football

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I There was very little security as they correctly predicted there wasn't a huge need. Everyone, you know, had a great time and watched football

Apart from the loads they did have all had machine guns :D

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just goes to show that our hooligan /thug problem has never truly gone away..

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Apart from the loads they did have all had machine guns :D
As well as the police and military even normal security personnel, like in banks and shopping centres, carry firearms here.
I'd say that goes a long way to discourage the type of behaviour witnessed at Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here