Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2020 confirmed for 13 cities across Europe

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Baffling decision. Anyone who has been to the European Championships has seen the difference it makes to a country.

For me cities will be.....

LONDON, PARIS, MADRID, BARCELONA, MUNICH, MILAN, MANCHESTER, ROME, ISTANBUL, PARIS, LISBON, AMSTERDAM, BERLIN.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Holland? So did I imagine the Holland/Belgium European Championship recently?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I cannot help but wonder how many countries will be given the benefit of home advantage.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Our friends across the channel have 2016 so I don't see why they should get any matches in their country the following one.

The only way this is going to work if it goes to the Balkan countries like Hungary, Bosnia, Romania, Croatia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic etc which only cover a few hundred miles. Still enough travelling though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I cannot think of one reason why this will be better than the current format. Can anyone else?
As has been mentioned I think the only point in its favour is that cities in smaller nations (Cardiff, Belfast, Glasgow, Dublin, etc) can host Euro games that they might not have been able to unless they'd been part of a collaborative bid. Not that I expect them to get any plum ties. God knows what the carbon footprint is going to be though.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
So does that mean 13 countries dont have to qualify?

Only going to get those countries truly interested, if their own team is playing at home for at least 1 game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For me cities will be.....

LONDON, PARIS, MADRID, BARCELONA, MUNICH, MILAN, MANCHESTER, ROME, ISTANBUL, PARIS, LISBON, AMSTERDAM, BERLIN.

Could not have Madrid & Barcelona, or Munich & Berlin, or Milan & Rome, as there is a maximum of one allotted city per country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here