Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2016 civil banning orders. Is this fair?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Inevitable I think.

Not so sure about just wanting a 'happy relaxed family atmosphere at matches' though.

In the family section (where I often go), for sure. I'd like the rest of the stadium to be a cauldron and more intimidating for away teams.

Right up until were invited to clap the away teams fans ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
It is crazy that the courts can say that - they are a private company and have the right to refuse anyone entry don't they?!

I agree but human rights trump anything. Human rights seem to favour criminals and that's why we need to ditch it and hopefully by leaving the EU we can now.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I agree but human rights trump anything. Human rights seem to favour criminals and that's why we need to ditch it and hopefully by leaving the EU we can now.

I doubt it as I believe we can still be taken to the EU Court of Human Rights as still signed up to the treaty

My main question though - is how is it against your human rights to not be allowed to go to football? AND, these cases are costly so I assume that there was some form of legal aid to the HR Lawyers which will have been paid for by the state. They (the lawyers) don't help themselves do they?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I doubt it as I believe we can still be taken to the EU Court of Human Rights as still signed up to the treaty

My main question though - is how is it against your human rights to not be allowed to go to football? AND, these cases are costly so I assume that there was some form of legal aid to the HR Lawyers which will have been paid for by the state. They (the lawyers) don't help themselves do they?

When we leave the EU we can revoke the Human rights act that the prick Tony Blair signed in 1997 as his ugly wife is an human rights lawyer. The human rights act is there to protect criminal rights as when was the last time you saw or read about tax payers using it?, always criminals and yes the tax payers picks up the bill for the lawyers.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would say a " happy, relaxed, family atmosphere" is absolutely the LAST thing we need. We've pretty much got that now, what we need is for the Amex to be a bear pit, a cauldron of noise, not some 'safe space' where the sound of people sitting chatting to each other is occasionally punctured by the odd burst of applause.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When we leave the EU we can revoke the Human rights act that the prick Tony Blair signed in 1997 as his ugly wife is an human rights lawyer. .

no we cant, the Europe Court of Human Rights is not part of teh EU and we have signed up to it under separate treaty (European Convention on Human Rights). there are moves afoot to extract us from this and replace with a renewed UK Bill of Rights.

Jan 30, 2008
I would say a " happy, relaxed, family atmosphere" is absolutely the LAST thing we need. We've pretty much got that now, what we need is for the Amex to be a bear pit, a cauldron of noise, not some 'safe space' where the sound of people sitting chatting to each other is occasionally punctured by the odd burst of applause.
been happening for a few seasons now, anyone who says different is in denial, the moment the club introduced the grass hotline you just knew the writing was on the wall, fact is that's what the club really want and people that are going pay the S/T price to savour that experience, all this NSK bollocks creating an intimidating atmosphere................ couldn't make it up:down:
regards
DR

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Exactly, they should consult Steve Gritt on how important the home atmosphere was for his tenure in the last season at the Goldstone. Hostile would be an understatement.

Come to think of it the phrase "happy relaxed family atmosphere" is the kind of bollocks Bellotti would have come out with..........I can still remember when he told fans protesting to "stop whining".

Far too many yogurt knitters on here these days............makes you wonder what side they would have supported in 1997?

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly, they should consult Steve Gritt on how important the home atmosphere was for his tenure in the last season at the Goldstone. Hostile would be an understatement.

Come to think of it the phrase "happy relaxed family atmosphere" is the kind of bollocks Bellotti would have come out with..........I can still remember when he told fans protesting to "stop whining".

Far too many yogurt knitters on here these days............makes you wonder what side they would have supported in 1997?
I dont want to sound ageist but look at the fans that are turning up these days what percentage are over 60 's in relation to say 20,/25 bracket , seems like we're to nice and easily offended these days .
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here