Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eubank Jr IBO World Title fight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lol �� you don't count any of the belts. You're clearly not a boxing fan then.
As I said, I like the sport itself. I'm not a fan of the way it's organised, where the best fighters in the world can avoid each other and keep their unbeaten records etc.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Very good boxer just worry he hasn't got a big enough punch much faster than senior but not as good yet. The Aussie was poor but had a great chin.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Only weakness I can see with Jr, and has been the case since his first fight, is his wild hooks.
He often throws so wild and puts himself off balance, the elite fighters will take advantage of this unless he gets more disciplined.

Standard Jr fight though, very fast, very accurate and relentless.

Really pleased for him.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Eubank has lightening speed but holds little power. Has he ever knocked someone out clean?

The opponent was crap. All he had was a chin. He was very easy to hit. I wasn't very impressed.

Andre Ward, GGG, Groves would all beat Eubank.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Eubank has lightening speed but holds little power. Has he ever knocked someone out clean?

He's very easy to be hit too. I wasn't very impressed. Andre Ward would beat him.

Did you hear about that guy, Nick Blackwell, who died on the way to the hospital from Jr's punches?
He's probably been hit flush 3 times in his pro career.
Andre Ward is a LHW, there's no comparison.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Did you hear about that guy, Nick Blackwell, who died on the way to the hospital from Jr's punches?

Nick Blackwell didn't die on the way to the hospital. He suffered from bleeding to the brain and fell into a coma. He recovered well but wasn't ever able to Box again. Sadly, Blackwell recently got into the ring and sparred someone. It resulted in more brain damage as he went back into a coma. Once again, he woke from the coma but from what I've read, his condition isn't great.

Also, Eubank has been calling out Andre Ward.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You really are an idiot. I can assure you Nick Blackwell is still alive and has actually been in a 2nd coma, from a separate incident, since you thought he had died.

Jesus wept. I very well know Blackwell is ALIVE. Christ.
On the way to the hospital, he technically DIED in the ambulance and was very quickly resuscitated.

Also, here's something on the Eubank jr calling out Andre Ward stuff:
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/andre-ward-chris-eubank/68928

Straight from the horses mouth, tonight.
1:30 - 1:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGchUiP0LqM

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
On the way to the hospital, he technically DIED in the ambulance and was very quickly resuscitated.

Clutching straws. He's not ruling it out (from the horses mouth)

He's also talking about beating Degale at SMW, a weight class Andre Ward can fight in.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He's also talking about beating Degale at SMW, a weight class Andre Ward can fight in.

No shit.
Jr has always said he'd fight anyone, his Dad does all the talk, as with 'wrecking Ward' over the past couple of weeks.
Promo.

Jr bullied Degale in sparring, yes a few years ago, but why couldn't he do the same again?

Do you know much about Jr's boxing career and history?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

The reason that happened to Blackwell was partly because Jnr wasn't capable of knocking him out. If a toddler punched you in the head for half an hour the same thing would happen.

He is entertaining and gifted but hasn't shown much to suggest he could beat someone classy who has a gameplan.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Just watched that video and the Eubanks are delusional if they think the IBO title is their ticket to the big fights, GGG, Saunders, Degale all hold legitimate world titles and won't be in the slightest bit interested in that belt. Bottom line will be if ITV can put up the money to attract one of the big names, otherwise he will have to fight on another platform or carry on duping the public with these substandard fights. I really do hope he puts his money where his mouth is and fights a world level opponent next as everyone wants to see just how good he is.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I was unimpressed with CEJ on Saturday night. Showed nothing to suggest he would beat a genuine world level fighter.

I have been in the ring sparring him many times and have always found him easy to hit and no real power in his punches. I'm not suggesting that i found him easy to box, far from it, to his credit he is very tricky and his uppercuts are certainly up there with the best.

He needs an actual coach. The lack of game plan will start to show as he steps up his level of competition.

I don't believe they wanted any part of GGG. He was guaranteed to earn a minimum of £3m for that fight - The matchroom PPV terms are among the best in the world. Froch/Brook/Joshua all agree to the exact same terms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here