Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU to charge Britain more money due to success of economy....

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
We are experiencing a short blip of growth largely thanks to our government propping up an already over valued housing market. Meanwhile the Germans aren’t doing as well as the world is going through a slow down and there is less demand for their manufactured goods

Makes perfect senses that when economies growth you pay more, the Germans and French were paying more a couple of years back when they were growing.

Yet again our right wing increasingly euro-skeptic press are hyping things up and we’re increasingly looking like the idiot in the room

Go away Karl Marx

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think it's a disgrace. If I earned more money under this government I would expect to pay less tax, as Gideon rewards the rich and demonises the poor, so why should it be different in the EU?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
EU officials say the calculation simply reflects the longstanding practice of adjusting contributions of countries according to their pace of growth. “Britain’s contribution reflects an increase in wealth, just as in Britain you pay more to the Inland Revenue if your earnings go up,” said Patrizio Fiorilli, a Commission spokesperson.

in other words you get punished for prospering and rewarded if your economies in a mess, f*cking great incentive that:nono:

have always said this lot are a load of wrongens, how much more damage do they need to inflict for the pro EU brigade to wake up:facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Seems the new commission which takes office on the 1st November can cancel this payment.

All a bit stage managed to deliver a 'win over Europe' for Cameron in a week or so ???

Diana was killed by MI5 don't ya know?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The Tories had been suggesting that they were confident of holding Rochester and Strood. That confidence has probably taken a knock in the light of this.

larus

What I don't get is why it's being re-based back to 1995. WTF! If this was a regular occurrence then no problem, but why now and why 1995?

The EU is corrupt and inefficient. We need more localised power in the regions and less dictatorial edicts from unelected, left-wing, statist zealots. This will help ukip at the expense of both labour and the Tories.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Answer to the immigration debacle....get a fleet of British Lorries,leave them at a French port overnight,don't check the lorries in the morning...just drive off...full of immigrants...and drop them off,say Strasbourg on the doorstep of the EUs other palace.
Give us control of our borders,fishing grounds etc. Plenty of countries thrive on being out of the EU. Out! Out! Out!
Nobody can,or tried to give a reason for being in this corrupt,undemocratic union.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Quite right. Well said that man.

Is that the best you can do? Support a POV that's already been comprehensively trashed, not least by your opposite number on here, the EU thread heat-seeking missile that is cunning fergus.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think it's a disgrace. If I earned more money under this government I would expect to pay less tax, as Gideon rewards the rich and demonises the poor, so why should it be different in the EU?

But at least Gideon tells you how much you will pay in advance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that the best you can do? Support a POV that's already been comprehensively trashed, not least by your opposite number on here, the EU thread heat-seeking missile that is cunning fergus.

Yes, because I really cannot be arsed to argue this. Everyone knows my view, I do not need to reiterate it again and again and have the same arguments with the same people using the same reasoning and examples and I include myself. It's a Friday morning, and I have some nice bluesy music on, a nice coffee on the go and I have much better things to do today, including my laundry, quite frankly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Eh? Do you really think Britain's current growth is largely down to the 'Help to Buy' scheme? That is the single largest factor? It's not the EU-sceptics (plenty of whom come from the Left) who are the 'idiots in the room'.

That and quantitative easing.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I can see UKIP getting some power
and closing our borders

How many times!!! UKIP want controlled borders, not closed borders.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
the EU will not back down over this, if Cameron believes he's in with a chance of negotiating a deal he's a bigger fool than I first anticipated. no f*cking chance:rolleyes:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
This is propaganda gold for UKIP who will seize on this with glee. In all fairness the UK has had significant rebates in the past whilst other nations have had to pay more so its swings and roundabouts however that will be all be immaterial once the national media see it as an opportunity to scream their anti Europe headlines. Dont get me wrong i fervently want out of Europe as soon as possible but it is a story being skewed by the media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here