Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU National Anthem

Which tune?

• One - U2. The ultimate song about unity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Power in a Union - Billy Bragg. Unquestionable logic from the Bard of Barking

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The Final Countdown - Europe. Countdown to what? A closer union or a BREXIT?

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Deutschland uber-alles. Well? They do run the show.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Stairway to Heaven - Led Zepplin. Or Blueprint to Utopia..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, please specify.

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
An EU anthem should have a bit of razzle dazzle in it,they should take a leaf from two nights ago and Donald Trump

This is "special" even by US standards

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only song worthy of the EU is the angelic upstarts and the song **** off and leave me alone.

Punk's dead. The EU has only just been born.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Roy Orbison - "It's Over"

Good choice.

Europe on the brink of financial MELTDOWN as Germany faces economic ruin

THE European financial powerhouse could be facing a huge financial crisis which would have devastating implications for Britain as a lethal storm of economic problems brews in Germany.

Germany could be facing a financial crisis, according to experts

Germany’s industrial production has slipped to ZERO per cent and customer confidence has plummeted in just part of a catalogue of disasters for Chancellor Angela Merkel.

A fall in Germany's prosperity could drag the eurozone down with it - a scenario becoming more likely amid growing signs of the country's slowdown.

The country has the biggest economy in Europe and is where a large portion of the bloc's wealth is created.

Germany's money has helped the eurozone struggle ahead, despite the ailing finances of Italy, Spain and Greece.

If the German economy crumbles it could start a domino effect that would pull down other countries' economies with it.
http://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...cial-meltdown-as-Germany-faces-financial-ruin

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
All this talk of a national anthem for England got me thinking about the need for a song for our glorious institution which is the EU.

So my fellow Europeans, what do you reckon?

Poll to follow.
:lolol: You are such a w****r HT and i mean that in a nice way if thats possible !

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The second tune would make a cracking EU anthem and get Germans of a certain age reminiscing about happier times.

Perhaps a less controversial tune would be appropriate

What is it with the Germans and going to extremes. 3rd Reich mostly about Aryan supremacy and protecting a mono culture at any cost, 4th Reich apparently all about multiculturalism let everyone in at any cost .... sheesh :mad:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Probably something from Abba - everybody likes the Swedes, nobody will be disappointed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A national anthem is a tune / song for a NATION. Much as the bullying and corrupt EU thinks it is a nation is isn't and so can't have a national anthem. That said I guess if the EU needs one it should be 'Time to Leave' by Dana.

Hopefully it will be soon.

Also the UK isn't a Nation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hopefully it will be soon.

Also the UK isn't a Nation.

I'll ignore your first comment foolish boy :wink:

There's a lot of debate as to whether the UK is a nation. I subscribe to the theory that it is a nation made up of 4 countries.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Probably something from Abba - everybody likes the Swedes, nobody will be disappointed.

Waterloo? titled after a unifying moment in european history.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here